šŸƒ Shenmue Tree - a Study "Lounge!" šŸ‚

I remember that story. Been sitting outside the cave for a while. Good times.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2022-01-11 6.54.40 AM

This is after the 63 I needed to do before 7amā€¦ (maybe I shouldnā€™t have done 50 vocab lessons yesterday :man_facepalming:)

1 Like

Welp, Iā€™ve got about 14 new vocab that I canā€™t seem to get past Apprentice 1 so they come back ever 4 hours and will continue to haunt me today :ghost:

1 Like

Much needed nap time. TY Benadryl :pill:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a mess. Just leeched about 50 into tomorrow :frowning: 129 on deck. I just hope I donā€™t level up by accident. I have 139 on apprentice at the momentā€¦

1 Like

If you have the script that arranges your items so you can do vocab first before kanji (you can also arrange it so you can do pre-level 7 stuff first too), then you can try to avoid doing level 7 kanji so you donā€™t accidentally level up! Also, just try to do a few items at a time if you arenā€™t already.

I tend to speed through doing all the ones I know first (constantly refreshing until I get to the ones I know), and then gradually get through the other ones that are likeā€¦ hmm I think I know this but what is the meaning or reading again? And thereā€™s the other ones you get whereā€¦ what, I learned this?? And you have no choice but to just miss it and concentrate extra hard on mnemonics or create a new one for yourself so you donā€™t forget next time.

Sometimes just giving yourself time off from reviews if youā€™re making silly typos or guessing the wrong ones because they look similar helps because you can refresh your mind and try again later. Good luck to you!

3 Likes

Alright heres my mining setup and everything you should need if you wanna replicate it.

Base mining setup: My Mining Setup
Anime mining setup Anime - Animecards Site
Contained in that link are also
mpv:https://mpv.io/
kitsunekko:Japanese subtitles - kitsunekko.net
lua script: 17.8 KB folder on MEGA
page I use for text hooking: Clipboard Insertion Page - Anacreon Edition
Chrome extension for auto copypaste: Clipboard Inserter - Chrome Web Store

Dictionaries I use: shoui Yomichan Dictionaries Collection [learnjapanese.moe] - Google Drive

12 Likes

Thank you :pray::heart:

This is definitely interesting to me, Iā€™ll try to set it up this weekend:)

1 Like

Oh yes, I should swap the vocab first using the script, and keep the kanji at the end just to be saveā€¦ I donā€™t know why I didnā€™t think of this :roll_eyes: It also dawned on me that I can just keep my lessons in the bank if I did accidentally level upā€¦ Nothing wrong with that, but I just hate seeings lessons to do for some reasons.

sometimes I even feel like ā€œwhoa, how did I get that one right?ā€ and Iā€™m certain I will leech it from guru in a week. And yes, most of the time I find myself coming up with a personal mnemonic for things, but sometimes I am grateful for the given mnemonics!

Thanks Hantsuki!

3 Likes

@crmsnprincess89

I just realized I kind of forgot to give you my goals for the day. I tried to post in your study log but I had made the ā€œlast 3 repliesā€ and it wouldnā€™t let me :laughing:

Anyway, Iā€™m having another weird day so Iā€™m setting the bar low. Iā€™m okay with that though!

All reviews up until 9pm
Read something in Japanese
Possibly some Torii
:no_entry_sign: Cure Dolly for now. I need a breather to make sure I retain what her first 6 lessons have taught.

1 Like

I have to admit, thereā€™s something empowering about getting the same kanji / vocab wrong many times and then finally getting it correct, and knowing it will stick with you (hopefully).

Before level 7 I was using the self-study quiz like crazy, just to make sure I got all my reviews correct and got through my level in about 7-8 days. Now, I am not using it at all and Iā€™m getting so many things wrong, just like I did when I started WK and knew nothing about user-scripts and all that fun stuff.

Iā€™m sitting at almost 8 days of level 7, 134 apprentice items to chip away at, and have no intention of moving on until I actually feel comfortable doing so. Itā€™s a neat feeling to just trust in the WK SRS system and not my own ā€œobsessiveā€ desire to be right all the time and move at a faster pace than I should be. Getting things wrong has never been this encouraging!

1 Like

You spammer you! Lol.
Good youā€™re taking care of yourself. Thatā€™s most important.

Btw, Yotsubato (I hope I spelled that right, on my phone so itā€™s hard to look up stuff) came TODAY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I need whatever study guide stuff you have STAT!

Also - I DID 50 MORE REVIEWS ON WK THIS AFTERNOON. Finally!

4 Likes

:laughing: yes I am a terror!

ON ITS WAY HOLD PLEASEā€¦ HERE!

SO IMPRESSED! I know youā€™ve been wanting to get on WK at other times of the day :slight_smile: I seem to always be on the forumsā€¦ Itā€™s my only social interaction, really, so heck, might as well!

I have nothing to contribute - I just love reading your study log - itā€™s always fun :smiley:

4 Likes

GLAD you think so :smiley: Itā€™s really not a study log, but a place where anyone can just shoot the ā€œbreezeā€ if you will. I donā€™t care what goes on there, as long as itā€™s not vulgar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am procrastinating reading the Japanese book staring at me on the table because work was busy today and Iā€™m sleepy. Oddly, putting it off until itā€™s later and Iā€™m sleepier probably isnā€™t helping :stuck_out_tongue:

But I am getting to catch up on peopleā€™s adventures on the forum - does that count as studying? I think that should countā€¦

3 Likes

So itā€™s more of a study lounge :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

HAHA I love that :laughing: Well, it is my log and I use it as a log, but itā€™s gone in so many different directions I should probably just rename it lounge!!!

2 Likes

:laughing: In these forums thereā€™s often some Japanese language mixed in to everything else!

What do you mean? Itā€™s a GIF thread, right?

4 Likes