Security warning when trying to access wanikani on firefox

Well now I’m even more confused as the issue has now spread, but is also very inconsistant. I used chrome instead the last few days with no issues but suddenly i got the same error and could not connect at all to it there while it worked on firefox, although right now neither is working(community still works fine on both though).

Sounds like malware/adware to me. If you can’t trace the source, I’d just do a backup and reinstall the OS.

2 Likes

Any other way to find that than malwarebytes that I tried earlier(gonna give it another go now though)? I’d rather not have to take such a drastic measure unless it’s the only other option consideration it’s only a single website as far as I can tell that is affected, and only sometimes.

Edit: upgraded to the premium trial even and did a scan, still nothing.

This malware could be doing anything from replacing a few ads to stealing your bank account information. Even if it’s functioning correctly on sites other than Wanikani, that’s not particularly reassuring.

1 Like

Was this ever resolved?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.