Reviews piled up big time

I’ve used vacation mode many times. My experience has been after a weekend away, it doesn’t make much difference. However, after a couple of weeks’ holiday…I got screwed. Most heavily by recently unlocked items, which is a proof of a kind that the SRS does work pretty well - master / enlightened / burn reviews that were a week or two out of sync weren’t really affected since the gap was already supposed to be several weeks or months, but apprentice / guru reviews…I could have sworn I’d never seen half of them ever before.

I’d still recommend vacation mode though since if you’re going away and not able to do reviews, you’re going to be screwing up the timings anyway. If I’d come back to a huge pile AND was getting those low review scores, it would have taken a lot of willpower to get back into things.

After about a month of slowly chipping away at the mountain, my review queue is finally at 0 for the first time in forever!!!

Thanks Canuck for the encouragement :slight_smile: And to everyone else, if I can do it, so can you!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!
Good work.

:no_mouth:

1 Like

Don’t. Touch. The. Lessons.

Other than that, good luck! Do a little bit every day, even a couple on your daily commute or so. Don’t give up! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I have no intention of touching the lessons!
I was used to have a lot of reviews (as my sect title might suggest) but this… Burning material I keep failing… Effectively, every review is a lesson :wink:

Oof. That sounds scary :confused: My first burns should come up in around 3 weeks’ time. D: half looking forward to it and half dreading them.

Don’t give up, everyone!

I had about 750 reviews as of yesterday. I just put on some music and blasted through them all throughout the afternoon.
I was really motivated by my excitement to get back to making progress on this long term goal of learning Japanese! It’s a much better feeling than the feeling of guilt that comes with letting something important to you fall by the wayside

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.