[Preview]: Upcoming wkstats.com changes (Have you reset your level?)

hey @rfindley and everybody. I’m putting the finishing touches on a v2 python client, and I also require a few API keys that have undergone resets, just to make sure I’ve got the data shaped correctly. If anybody is willing to throw me their V2 API keys, I would reaaallllly appreciate it. gary@kaniwani.com.

1 Like

Done :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI, everybody…
@Tadgh11 is the author of Kaniwani, so your API keys will definitely be useful for him as well.

Anyone who has shared your API key with me via my [help] form, let me know if you’d like me to forward your key to Tadgh11 as well.

1 Like

Feel free to forward mine, @rfindley! Love the work you guys are doing! :pray:

Go ahead and forward mine :slight_smile: Do you know which one is it?

Yep. I store the name and key since it’s easier to write down specific names when I’m troubleshooting a problem with someone’s data :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re such a hard worker :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I guess I should have lead with that haha.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I recognized your name before he said it though. I think most that have been around a while know you (and Subversity). I pestered you enough in the KW thread to remember. :stuck_out_tongue: The least i can do is send you the key

I’m happy for you to forward my key to them, thanks!

I’ve posted a few pieces of the upcoming new release of wkstats.com. If any of you would like to test it and provide feedback:

https://www.wkstats.com:10001/

Keep in mind, not everything is online yet, so about half of the menu items will report a File Not Found. The parts that are uploaded should work fairly well, though I haven’t run exhaustive testing against them yet.

6 Likes

Thanks, the new site looks good so far. I haven’t tried everything but have not found any bugs yet. Wow so the old wkstats’ time-per-level calculation was off by quite a lot. My average in the old wkstats was about 10 days, and in the new one is 8 days.

I resetted my level. It keeps hanging on loading Api Data on just WKstats.com. But on the :10001 version it works correctly.

The new site is currently using the median instead of the average. I’ll probably make it a selectable option, but so far the median seems to be a better ‘typical’ level-up for most of the accounts I’ve looked at.

1 Like

Sent in my API, and I’m checking out the new site. Looks super clean. Great work! :smile:

I’ve never reset though. :persevere:

Man, you really went all out on the config options!

General Comments:

• On the Level Up page, I’m getting a lot of X days, 24 hours bars. I assume that’s due to rounding, but you might want to round it to the next day when that happens.
  • A reverse sort option would be nice. This would go for the groupings as well, such as showing Burned first instead of last.
  • It looks like the Not on WK button doesn’t do anything yet. Is that right?
  • For Show/Hide, maybe include an All On / All Off button since there are so many options. It’ll help for when you want to select just one SRS level to see something, but then go back to showing everything.
  • Is there any reason not to combine the Joyo and JLPT Items pages into one? I don’t mind them being separate, but I was curious what your thoughts were on this.
  • On the WaniKani Items page, for some reason the radicals don’t load right away. Is this because of them being an svg? It’s a little weird that they reload every time a refresh the page, showing an empty rectangle while they are loading.
  • On the WaniKani Items page, it would be nice if we could also filter by level. Maybe just a min and max level input if you want to keep it simple.

Mobile:

• The login screen is partly cut off.
  • A lot of the status information wraps around awkwardly.
  • The menu feels a bit squeezed to the side and there is this weird grey bar.
  • Also in the menu, you have to click a section twice to get the sub-menu to appear.
  • No other issues so far. The Items pages work perfectly as far as I can tell.

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re still looking but I reset to level 3 a week or so ago, and now I’m level 4. It doesn’t register that I just became level 3 and level 4 but instead has the date that I originally did in 2015, so apparently I have been on level 4 for over 1000 days :joy::joy:

Also, you might want to put a link to the test page and this forum topic on the V1 version of the site to get more exposure for testing.

@Bubbles1995,
A few posts above, I linked to an under-development version of the site. If you haven’t already, check if your stats look better on the new site:
https://www.wkstats.com:10001/

Eventually, but for now I want to start small.

At this stage, I’m mostly looking for two things:

• Conceptual feedback. Which changes are positive? Which are negative?
  • For people who have done resets, does the Level-up graph look correct? Does it convey what you’d expect after a reset?