"Patterns of Use" is clickable? šŸ˜²

so I clicked on one of the lines in the ā€œPatterns of Useā€ section and it turned out to be clickable.
it was a big surprise for me since I havenā€™t noticed this before and havenā€™t been using it.

do you use google analytics or something similar to track if users are actually clicking these to learn all of them?
if others are like me, it would make a lot of sense to add some hint in the interface.
better yet add sound for each of them and make the user go through all of them, but at the very least make it obvious that by default we see just the 1st page of usage patterns.

4 Likes

Oh, itā€™s interesting that they are aligned this way on computer screens! On mobile phones the sections are aligned horizontally, so itā€™s easy to see that they are clickable and I got it from the beginning:

1 Like

Iā€™m honestly not quite sure what the confusion is with this. This is an obviously clickable interface to me?

8 Likes

Quite. Youā€™ve got a list of things, the first of which comes highlighted by default, it seems logical that something would happen if you did something to highlight one of the others.

5 Likes

apparently not clear enough :upside_down_face:
normally something that is clickable is raised or has a shadow. the mobile screenshot above actually would probably be clear for me.

the developers should be able to know if it is a common problem or not, if they track clicking on the patterns, it will be easy to understand if people miss this or not.

you can also think about this way: in a lesson you do 1 action, moving right. but this particular section requires a different action, steps within a lesson step that you have to go through before you can move right. thatā€™s what would be nice to avoid, just always sticking to a single action.

Just to give an additional account: Iā€™m also on PC, and to me it was always clear that these are clickable.

2 Likes

I agree that itā€™s already pretty clear you can click these. The arrow on the right side of the list mirrors the one below ā€œContextā€ in the screenshot. Also, you can see that only one form is used in the ā€œCommon Word Combinationsā€ list on the right side; none of the other forms on the ā€œPatterns of Useā€ list show up.

1 Like