Meaning/reading request

You know how when you type in the onyomi reading instead of the kunyomi reading, it shakes your screen and you can type it in again?

I’d love to have that with meanings and readings. Sometimes I miss it and type in the meaning when they want the reading and vice versa. It’s annoying and is basically the only mistake I make.

I misread your original question, hence the edit. But it sounds like you need to just slow down and pay more attention to what you’re typing. There are multiple visual queues for what WK is looking for.

Isn’t the meaning the English word and the reading the Japanese one? One is in kana and one in romaji… 

Also the background color of the question is different: light gray for meaning and dark for reading. That may help.

I agree with the couple of other responses. There’s a color difference in the background of the response heading, grey for the meaning in English, and black for the reading in hiragana. Also, if you notice that your English shows up in a weird combination of hiragana and single letters, you’re probably doing the other thing. That said, I still make mistakes like this a couple of times a week, and I’m level 27, so it’s not like you’re a crazy person or anything.

Or do what basically all of the rest of us do and install a cheat Tampermonkey script so you can undo a wrong response, and you can just take it back when it happens.

Wanikani Override: /t/Wanikani-Override-Userscript-112-Ignore-Answer-Button-No-longer-supported/2846/1
The big list of addons: /t/The-New-And-Improved-List-Of-API-and-Third-Party-Apps/7694/1