Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

My goal is actually to get to 60 by December 2021, because I’ve been doing wani kani for almost 4 years now D: I’m ready to be at 60!!! I started this year around level 26-28 I think? But I’m so slow. I’ve been speeding up recently to about 10-12 days a level, which is a pace I can live with. I hope if I have a group to keep me on my goals I will achieve them more easily.

8 Likes

I just started working on writing myself through Skribbler. I think the most complicated one I can write down so far is 雪

5 Likes

May I ask what kind of app this is? This looks like a phone screen. I would love mine to look like this. Thanks!

2 Likes

That’s Flaming Durtles, which is a great app in my opinion.

5 Likes

As @betsumei said, it is Flaming Durtles. I don’t even use the WK website anymore, and just use the app for all my lessons/reviews

5 Likes

Congrats shin san :metal:

tenor61

Great dedication shin san :slight_smile:

tenor62

3 Likes

Welcome to the group eggs san :grin:

Good luck! You are close to Level 60, I am confident you will complete it this time :+1:

3 Likes

Does flaming turtle have lesson customization (ex 10 lessons but 3 kanjis and 7 vocabulary) i know there’s a script that can do this but not sure about the app

3 Likes

Not that I can know off but you can do it with some tricks (kanji are level up item, then you remove the priority on them but you may need a few attempt to get only vocab)

2 Likes

Level 35

7 days this time because I didn’t want to wake up at 3 am :sweat_smile:

Finally got to the first obeservation deck!!

10 Likes

Did someone accidentally overwrite the list with an old version? I came to move myself up from 28 to 29, and found that I was back at 26.

I started WK on Dec. 26 last year, and am pleased that it looks like I’ll do exactly half in this first year! I was on track to go faster, and then stopped for 3-4 months in the summer due to work. Since resuming in the fall, I think I’ve approached it with a more doable pace that makes me less worried I’m going to forget everything, and in fact I’ve learned to let go and not care if I do forget some things, because that’s how learning goes. More importantly, I realized that if I focus on getting through a level per week, I’ll never have time for any other language learning (Japanese grammar, or keeping up with other languages) and that was not a good result. So I think I have found a good pace for me for now.

5 Likes

Almost the end of the year, so let’s end it with a bang, guys!

I was aiming to hit 30 (half) by year-end, but looks like I’ll be missing it by a few lessons. Started in May during the height of quarantine, and like all beginners, tried to do everything at once! Finished Genki 1 in a month, taught myself hiragana and katakana, then signed up for wanikani. Used bunpro to try to drill grammar. tried iknow.jp and memrise to drill vocab. watched some j-doramas, bought a few beginner books. had an italki tutor twice a week.

sad to say, out of everything, only wanikani has survived. work/life got in the way again and found myself too busy to keep up with everything. will try to pick things up again in the new year, but at the very least, i’m progressing on wanikani. hoping when i move on to genki 2, i’ll progress even faster as i can hopefully read much faster.

皆さん頑張って!

9 Likes

Level Twenty Four😊

8 Likes

Fantastic! Well done :+1:

3 Likes

Today is my 300th day serving the crabigator. I did not miss a day yet.

This level’s kanji seem to be actually easier than the ones from the last level.

12 Likes

I haven’t been able to update promptly but I’m on the first observation deck now :partying_face:

@RoseEater dude you’re on top of the leaderboard, congrats!! :beers:

8 Likes

Level 28 reached!
Getting closer to halfway before end of the year ~

10 Likes

Real quick, what is the concept behind the speed thing? Like, am I saying how quickly I expect to push through each level? Or how often I’m practicing?

3 Likes

This is just to let others know your pace. This is so you can find other users who will be at roughly the same pace as you. The hope is that because you are all at the same level as well as leveling up around the same time, you will encourage each other to keep pushing forward.
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes