Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree - level 60 in autumn 2023

Hi @tetraflu0ride glad to see you back.
Don’t worry about it. Take it slow. We’ll be there when you reach your goal. And if you don’t, we’ll still be there too. :wink:

7 Likes

21 days to get through level 15. It wasn’t hard, but work got in the way and I had a huge pile of 14’s vocabulary lessons to get through before I could even start on it. This time, I’ve cleared everything (Even though it means I’m at 150 apprentice items) to be ready for it.

10 days, let’s go.

14 Likes

“Do or do not, there is no try
-Master Yoda

We must all be guilty of this, don’t sweat it too much. You’ll get them eventually, even if you fail the same item a bunch of times (and even if you fail them a bunch of times at Burn stage!)

7 Likes

@KyokaJiro
I see you leveled up. :upside_down_face:

Jk congrats🥳

9 Likes

Ah, so it only took 4 days to come from 275 lessons down to 0/0, including 1 500 reviews to break through, I see. Not such a biggie, after all.

Thank you for spare 7d level, Crabinatorさん, now I’m ready to get back to fast levels again.

17 Likes

You… have more apprentices than I have gurus right now… shiver

14 Likes

So do I… (the shivering)
@username21 keep us informed on how it goes!

12 Likes

Well, I’m still within 3-digits for tomorrow’s reviews, so I should be fine.

17 Likes

Oh god, that forecast induces anxiety… :cold_sweat:

13 Likes

Level 18 this morning, bit of a longer level this time but I took a 2 day break from lessons so it was expected. Full speed ahead now up to level 20, here we go!

Good luck everyone!

16 Likes

May I ask out of curiosity why the reason was for the reset? Seeing as I’ll be 24 relatively soon I wonder what the reason was for you.

All the best mate!

6 Likes

It’s only 300 reviews total, a day?

Then, 300 next day ofc.

@username21 good job staying 0/0!

6 Likes

I’d taken a few months of break and found that when I returned, I was blanking on a lot of the stuff from the 20s, so I reset back to 20, but was still finding that I A) couldn’t remember a lot of stuff and B) had over 2000 reviews due. Now, I’d done larger review piles than this before, but they’re not fun, so in the end I just reset back to 10 so I could go back over the stuff I’d forgotten.

10 Likes

I had the intention of completing all 60 levels by mid July this year because I have Military Conscription, but it looks like that’s not gonna happen :joy:

Doing fast levels at maximum speed is absolutely insane. One has to do about 40 lessons a day every day at such a speed. Additionally, I’ve forgotten most of the vocabulary in the Level 20s and 30s because of this. Think I’m going to work towards Level 50 before I head off.

15 Likes

Wanikani mnemonics sometimes are bad but i really liked this one.

because it is true

8 Likes

Recently finished hell, but I think I took the wrong turn and entered the Leech Hell instead of Paradise :expressionless:
I keep mixing up English words, so I started adding synonyms in my native language.

16 Likes

…for a given value of “fine” :smiley:
(that’s seriously scary to me! and i’ve been averaging over 200 reviews per day lately)

…i love hiking in the mountains. and if WK were a hike, it feels like i’m going up a steep mountain. it’s a nice steady climb which i can keep up all day. and then i see the fast levels up ahead, and it looks like i’m walking towards a vertical wall :smiley:

…but i’ve still got a long way to go until then :wink:

edit: also, does anybody have an idea why my userscripts might suddenly have stopped working?

5 Likes

:cherry_blossom: Level 46 get! :cherry_blossom:

Fast levels again, finally!

Ouch, so this was an option the whole time? You mean, I didn’t have to add all new confusing EN words in my corresponding EN Anki deck to learn meanings for meanings in WK for all these “atrocious”, “lucidity”, “daffodil” and figure out difference between “forge” and “forgery”? What a discovery at lv46.

jk, guess I’d rather want to thank WK now for such an opportunity to improve both of my beloved languages and introducing such a fancy terms. Like, if WK is sufficient for JLPT N2, then it should drag my EN skills to somewhat around CEFR B2 as well? What a generous offer to learn language and learn another one for free, Crabinator. I appreciate this.
Added one particular single the only synonym for entire time though. My brain fail to admit 軍艦 being battleship, since last one is specifically 戦艦 with former being quite broad term for all the warships. Due to 軍艦島 common name being “Battleship island” I see why they wanted to do this, and I know this term being too specific to lots of people to care about details, so I didn’t file this issue to support. Good thing, we have this synonym feature to calm down heart of this humble navy history fan.

@RoseEater To not sully the glory of 空木初大先輩達! :fist:

JLPT is keep crawling at me as well. And I don’t have spare opportunities to take it anymore, so the only option for me is to pass it this July. I’ve booked it already in 3 different spots to not fall into the same ditch of COVID cancellations like last year, so hopefully this time the only issue to care about is an actual JP skills.

11 Likes

Should admit, it’s quite intriguing to see all the people ahead of me on a single screen after such a while :eyes:

With such a view it actually feels like the mountain peak is near and actually reachable.

@Mrs_Diss oh hello there, fellow hiking lover! Yup, recalling back to my 00s-10s it was totally felt like tumbling around lawns at the base of the mountain:

But then I figured out I want something more than some chilling around and got down to actual learning. Fast levels are actually scary and totally feels like last spourt at the snowy cape of a mountain. Good news, before than my brain got quite used to remembering kanjis and vocab and I made proper schedule to keep the pace. Guess, I could improve it even further, but - uh, oh - too bad it’s only 60 levels and I won’t be able to use these improved skills anymore. Still, it feels great to learn to learn. So despite it feels impossible from the 10s perspective, it’s quite manageable when you reach it, good luck!

16 Likes

I can’t forget when I learned that thing here

10 Likes