Kaniwani Major Update: 1.3.4!

I have a question about KaniWani and I didn’t know where to post it, so I hope you don’t mind.

I just started using KW and had to set up an API token. I wasn’t sure what options I was supposed to pick, if any, when I did that… so I left them all unchecked. It seems to be working, but is that the correct way to generate the token?

よろしくお願いします!

This is how I did it and it worked fine for me. I guess you did it right.

1 Like

Hello users of Kaniwani! My apologies for dropping off the face of the earth.

As of this today, a new update has gone out to Kaniwani. It contains a few things:

• Fix for similar words, e.g. mom,mother,mama. If words are extremely similar, correct answers are now set to interchangeable between them. Note this is a manual process of merging, so if you find 2 words that are identical that are tripping you up, shoot me an email and I’ll see if they are candidates. So far mother,father,young girl are all the ones I’ve merged. I’ll be going through my (many) emails to find more, but please feel free to email me via the website to submit things you think are identical.
  • Resetting to a given level which reset everything above that level, not everything above and including that level. Thanks to Travis-Taylor for the contribution.
  • Expanded vocabulary search bar to include user meaning synonyms. Thanks to Travis-Taylor for the contribution.
7 Likes