Just dug myself out of an 800+ review hole

Over the past year or so I’d basically stopped studying Japanese altogether. I’ve been working at a Japanese company (long hours), so I made excuses and let myself stagnate. I never set WK to vacation mode, because I kept the “one of these days” idea alive in my head for so long. I guess I didn’t want to admit that I’d given up.

At the start of this week I decided to turn things around. We’ve reached a relatively slack season at work, so I have more room for work/life balance, and as of this Wednesday, my entire office has been telecommuting because of COVID-19. Having 2 extra hours in the day due to saved commuting time really makes a difference. I started doing 50-100 WK reviews 2 or 3 times a day on my lunch break or before punching in. It was an uphill battle. After being away for so long, I was only scoring about 35% or so on most reviews… Anyway I finally just cleared my entire lesson queue for the first time in at least a year. I think I’ll try to stay on top of it for the rest of the week before I unlock more lessons.

I’ve also cleared all my Anki decks, and my boss agreed to pay for once-a-week conversation classes for a few months. Feelin’ pretty motivated right now, y’all. Good things ahead, I hope.

46 Likes

おつかれさまです :exploding_head: :clap:

1 Like

Same! In that I have been gone for (two) years. I am also in a huge review hole, but for me it was because I wasn’t subscribed during that time. Everything else we are different ^^". Here’s to getting out of our slump!

2 Likes

great! well done, that was hard work!

Nice work!

1 Like

Nice one man!
I went on holiday for just 3 days and got 400 reviews to catch up on :confused:

congratulations alice
Hey congratulations @VeniVidiVincent! I hope you keep this going. You are already at such a high level, 17 more and you’re at the mountaintop! The lessons were a cool addition to your routine, I hope you learn a lot during these sessions.

All the best on your learning journey! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s amazing! I actually am doing that right now and totally get you.
おつかれさまでした!

Wayyy too many people are saying congrats in that GIF O____O

1 Like

This might be more up your alley then, there’s only one person. Congratulations!!!! - YouTube

1 Like

I appreciate it, thanks :3 xD

おめでとう!頑張るよ!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.