Japanese in one year?! - Not your usual study log

Well, well, well, who do we have here? It seems like you are still with me, huh? Still reading my posts? Still bothering looking at my progress? Well, it’s your choice… Be warned, however, that you might see some things that you don’t like, or read things that make you feel uncontrollably angry, weird or Coelacanth :fish: If you feel like you’ve entered any of these states (and others as well) because of this post, it’s your own fault lmao

Anywayyyyyyyyyy, for today, I have a lot to say! So grab some popcorn, get a drink and don’t put your feet on the table, and we’re ready to start!

(Also, it’s Silvester, but that’s not so important right now bwahaha)

So, after waiting for waaaaaaaaaaay to long, I finally started learning Grammar! Unbelievable, isn’t it? So, what am I using? Well, pretty much everything. Lemme explain:

So, my main grammar resource is BunPro, which @thatoddhaystack recommended me. Now, there are probably two thoughts that come to your head:

You are already going at a neckbreaking speed at WaniKani! Is it really a great idea to use another SRS?

In case of BunPro, yes, it is. Other than WaniKani, I can already access all Grammar points that I want at any time, so I don’t really have a rush doing the reviews to level up, because leveling up won’t effect how many Grammar points are unlocked for me to learn, which isn’t the case for WaniKani. But, I do go at the speed of light at BunPro, too, to get the most out of the free trial :melting_face: But in my opinion, it’s a lot more relaxed because of what I said.

What do you mean by “I use all grammar resources”?

I mean that I mainly work with BunPro to learn grammar, and whenever I don’t understand enough of the grammar point or feel like I don’t understand enough, I will use this (recommended by @thatoddhaystack) and that (recommended by @Rehanmalik) to make sure I completely understand it and can use it correctly. And, when it is summer and I have more time, I will also use Satori Reader (recommended by @Trunklayer) to really start getting into reading Japanese!

Until then, I will follow the Japanese Sentence a Day Challenge to practice writing Japanese, using my vocab and using the grammar I am learning.

So, how much did I already learn grammarwise? I already did the first four N5 lessons out of ten on BunPro since I started three ago. Pretty slow if you ask me… but hey, something is better than nothing, right?

My first impreesions on grammar are rather positive. The SOB type of sentences I am already familiar with from Latin, and until now, everything (except for the は and が particles) makes perfect sense.

Then, I also have to thank @pembo for helping me setting the layout of the IME I am using to a QWERTZ on!

Also, I started using KaniWani because I felt like I wasn’t too good at recalling the vocab I learned from English to Japanese, and I was right! Good think I got it now, right? Here is the same thing as with BunPro: There is no need to focus on regularly doing the reviews!

So, as you can see, not so many exciting things happened. To finish this post, let’s add some statistics to make it longer :melting_face:

As you might have noticed, I got some new userscripts, especially from @Kumirei (you make so many great userscripts, it’s not my fault I have to ping you every single time I update my log lol), but I won’t tell you which ones this time, go find them yourself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Alright, now for some more relaxed stuff: Since @ekg, @shikaji, @CarmenCaesar and, indirectly, also @milila told me that the POLLs thread isn’t a place to place my notes about studying stuff, I will post some notes here from time to time. Also, since I assume that there are also some POLLers among you, let’s have a POLL that is typical for the POLLs thread, even though is this a study log :melting_face:

What do you prefer?
  • Study log
  • Study POLL
  • Study Coelacanth :fish:
0 voters

Alright, seeya in a few time units of undefined length :exploding_head:

@Glias cat

8 Likes