I WANT a SLOW WK schedule - tips and help wanted

You don’t need to clear the queue. I sometimes decide that I’m only going to do 20 at a time. That way I don’t have that pig in a python of having a big clump of reviews that keeps popping up.

I’ve had a few breaks from WK due to unexpected life events, and have reset to various levels three times when I came back. Now, I just do what is comfortable each day. Things are still sort of unpredictable with my partner and I both tending to ailing family members. This just isn’t the most important thing.

I have started taking Japanese lessons with a tutor, and I now prioritize my homework over WK. I usually get to WK every day, but I don’t always clear the queue. Some days I do 5 lessons, some days 10, never more. There are other things I can be studying in that time.

1 Like

I think there are around 9060 radicals/kanji/vocab in total.
You can level up each item 8 times (since there are 9 SRS stages).
If you level up everything with 100% accuracy that should be 72480 reviews total to burn everything.
So if you do:
3 lessons a day: That’s ~24 reviews per day taking over 3020 days to complete
5 lessons a day: That’s ~40 reviews per day taking over 1812 days to complete
10 lessons a day: That’s ~80 reviews per day taking over 906 days to complete
20 lessons a day: That’s ~160 reviews per day taking over 453 days to complete

This is a rough estimate since you won’t have 100% accuracy, but maybe it will help. It’s probably a safe assumption you’ll do around 10%-20% more reviews than the minimum. If you only want to do so many reviews a day then this might be a good starting point.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.