I have been stuck at level 23 for some time, any tips?

Hi everyone!
For a few months now, I have been stuck at level 23. I have lessons waiting for me, but I have been trying to get back down to a low enough number of items in apprentice (< 30 I guess) so that I don’t get overwhelmed with too many reviews per day, but I keep making mistakes… More than two third of my vocabulary is burned by now (> 2000).
Do you have any tips to get me going again?
Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

That’s an extraordinarily low number mind you. What you’re encountering right now are not just simple review items, but leeches. Leeches can form a hardened layer of sludge in your Apprentice barrel, and this means that those last few tens of Apprentice items will take a looooong long time to get rid of.

As an example, it took me about 9 months after reaching level 60 to get to a sub 10 Apprentice count. It took 6 more months to get to 0 for more than a few days.

Looking at your SRS distribution, it looks great! I’m not sure if you mean that you are overwhelmed by the amount of reviews right now, or that you want to avoid getting overwhelmed in the future, but if it is the latter, I recommend continuing with the lessons right now, and adopting a limit of 60 Apprentice items, maybe 50 if you think that’s too much.

If you’re currently feeling overwhelmed by the amount of reviews, don’t worry about speed. You have lifetime, so take as long as you wish. It’s not a race. Just know that getting that Apprentice count lower is going to take a lot of effort and time.

8 Likes

You’ve only got 40 items in apprentice right now. And not much in guru or master or enlightened. :eyes: I’d say, you just need to get those lessons done and over with. If you haven’t started on all kanji for the level yet, do so as you need to guru those kanji to be able to move on to the next level.

There isn’t much else to it. it’s alright to fail items during reviews. it’s what we all do. That being said, if you have bad accuracy you might wanna work on your leeches for a while (though you can hardly have that many with so few in apprentice).

1 Like

Another potential snail! Please consider joining us 🐌🏖 Team Snails on Vacation 🐌🏖

(no mom, team snails is not a subset of the crabigator cult, which does not exist by the way)

3 Likes

I like to think of them as old friends at this point. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m also stuck at level 23

Had to check to see if I wrote this

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.