I am hating this Vocab 上 。Kind of feeling lost

Nice! If I make it to level 60 I think I’ll just stay there though :laughing:

3 Likes

I don’t really know if this will help, but if you’re still struggling to remember the different readings, you could try memorising those words with 上 as just vocabulary (you could just use hiragana, as well). I learned those words before WaniKani and found them easy when I did it in WaniKani :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah this will all seem minor once you get to 登る or 昇る. :wink:

But hey; here’s something fun. Have you played the up and down game yet?

1. Say 上がる
  2. Stand up.
  3. Say 上げる
  4. Raise your right hand.
  5. Say 下がる
  6. Sit down.
  7. Say 下げる
  8. Lower your right hand.
    Repeat this a few times and it should stick. Feeling silly while doing it will also help it stick. As will saying it in a sing-song voice. Preferably to the tune of Yakko’s World.
    :smiley:
6 Likes

Quick question if you do not mind me asking. But why don’t you level up anymore and also can you pick which level you restart from?
Just wondering thanks.

I don’t really have any particular need to study with WaniKani right now.

Yes, you can reset to any level you want to (below your current level, of course). From the Dashboard, if you click on your profile dropdown thing, and then choose Danger Zone, you can do it.

2 Likes

Got it thank you so much. I wasn’t trying to go into the danger zone because I might press something accidentally and then regret it afterwards :joy:

1 Like

I think this is the best tip I’ve received for internalizing these? I tried it, felt silly, got looked at strangely, and now feel very comfortable with the words and their differences!

1 Like

Thanks! :blush:

I did the same thing over a year ago and have never confused those words since so I’ve been sharing it here when I can. :wink:

Thank you for sharing!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.