Hunter × Hunter | Week 2 🐸

That’s one of those “pretty much a vocab word” kind of grammar points

That’s a great explanation, i wasn’t sure about that either!

2 Likes

Yeah, sometimes it’s basically children’s dialogue, and then an adult starts talking and it’s like we’re suddenly reading a light novel about someone’s tragic anime backstory haha. Reading the easy parts feels like I can finally relax some muscles in my brain, very worth it.

4 Likes

I’m more than likely overthinking this part right here on Page 36, but when the guy on the boat is telling Gon "その数十万倍の腕きき” I assume he is stating that the hunters taking the test from around the country are a hundred thousand times more capable when it comes to taking the hunter exam.

2 Likes

Almost, he’s saying that [there are a dozen or so hunter candidates on this ship] and all over the country there are 100000 times more [and only a handful get selected]

2 Likes

this might be a silly question, but there’s a character i can’t figure out on pg 34, in gon’s big text saying he’s going to meet his dad. It looks like a | right next to a こ and i can’t figure out what it’s supposed to be :frowning: . i was thinking maybe 乞, so it’s like him saying he hopes he’s going to meet his dad, but it looked like they used that earlier and it looked different… augh its driving me bananas >_<

1 Like

It’s just に isn’t it?

1 Like

Yeah, like stevemc said, that’s a に. General rule of thumb, if it doesn’t have a furigana, it’s either a number or kana

1 Like

ah that makes sense ! thanks yall :smiley: like i said silly question :sweat_smile: