How to prioritize my study time in the early months

This is more of a WK thing, but consider digging through the Userscripts in the API to customize your experience. There are some things I find to be super useful and time savers (lightning mode, 1x1 / one by one mode reordering, auto opening information on incorrect answers). Really, there’s a lot of tricks to optimizing the approach to WK covered in this guide. I’m not linking that with go fast in mind, it’s just that a lot of the go fast tricks are helpful for planning and pacing on this site even for team slow.

As for bunpro, I use it as more of a supplement to other grammar resources and as a set of srs based fill in the blank style practice problems to help keep learned grammar points fresh. It helps mitigate the issue of forgetting something from N chapters ago and I feel like it’s more efficient than digging back in old books to go through old examples. It’s also a go at your own pace kind of tool that lets users do as many or as few “lessons” as they want in a day. However, it might also be overkill if you don’t really need the extra practice. It’s pretty cheap and there’s a month long free trial so I don’t think there’s anything to really lose by trying it and cutting it out if you don’t find it a good use of your time.

2 Likes