How long did it take to get to your current level?

3 years lol, including reset :rofl:

1 Like

A year and a half. No resets.
As a wanikani toddler I am able to walk and talk. Still in diapers though.

1 Like

I didn’t buy in immediately lol

2 Likes

slowlybutsurely
(No resets, we die like men.)

Is that another 5+ year-er I see? :eyes:
I should…probably let myself level up…>>

2 Likes

In July it will be my 7 year anniversary of joining Wanikani LOL

4 Likes

It hurts to look.

7 years, 7 months

screenshot-www.wkstats.com-2021.05.15-21_52_25

5 Likes

802 days roughly :wink:

2 Likes

there’s a free web magazine written in easy japanese, with N level after the article titles:

Also, search for graded readers, which can also e.g. give you N4 material.
And maybe you’ll enjoy Yotsuba, which is a great beginner manga, i know i did :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Only 1168 days! :stuck_out_tongue:

2956 days! Over eight years!

6 Likes

Oh, there are quite many returnees here, I’m surprised :slight_smile:

I guess I reached the current level at ~1400 days, but this is a long level for me :wink:

3 Likes

One year and one month:
stats

3 Likes

Only took a short 1 week break so far. Still going strong

3 Likes

Around 2.5 months now, by a quick mental calculation.

2 Likes

It took me a year to get to level 27 or so. I am working on level 29 now and hope to reach
level 60 by the end of 2022 or in early 2023, averaging about 2 weeks a level.

Balancing speed with accuracy is definitely a trick. I tried slowing way down to eliminate
leeches but found that counterproductive - I started to lose motivation because it felt like
I wasn’t making any forward progress.

2 Likes

I’ve been at it almost a year and a half, and I was just doing reviews as I was able, but also struggled with recalling some items so they’re bad leeches haha. I also had a couple of months where I didn’t do anything but didn’t realise there was a “holiday mode” so they just sat there and I had to cull just shy of 3k reviews which is the second super long level haha.
I did build my custom dashboard a little while ago which has been good and helped me, but recently my average days have increased per level cause I built in a “disable lesson buttons until under x number of apprentice items” setting to the dashboard and set that limit to 110 haha and I limited myself to 10 items in each lesson session, which has been great reducing the review load since I have fulltime work, lessons, and regular life things. I need the reduction because otherwise I’ll let it rule my life like obsessively checking all notifications and emails, which is not good :sweat_smile:

All that being said, I’ve… been pretty decent in terms of progress over time, which I’m pretty happy about.

2 Likes

Start of june 2021, joined a month before but was stalling at level 1 for 35 days. 7 months and 14 days ago.

1 Like

Leveltime

Zoomin’ through so far. I think when I hit the fast levels I might at least keep the same pace rather than speeding up, because I don’t really want more than my current 150-200 reviews per day here. Doing anki as well is already pushing me to about as much SRS as I can tolerate, need to keep time for immersion.

3 Likes

Here’s my tourist level up graph :smiley: So many waves, it looks like I’m at the beach

hides

3 Likes