How can some people level faster than others?

I often run into problems that people say things in a way I don’t expect, so the conversation can easily get stuck. Part of the problem is that most people don’t say the equivalent of “Hello, how are you?” but rather “I would be highly esteemed, and will continue doing so in the future, to query the current status of your honored wellbeing” instead.

2 Likes

Just don’t be afraid to take your time. Once you start burning things months down the road, if you decided to blast through lessons early, you’ll have some nightmarish review days. I’ve had a couple 300 review days lately and it’s no picnic.

Perhaps your accent and grammar are so good that they overestimated your abilities. I would take that as encouragement.

My accent and grammar are pretty good though grammar is still very basic. So ya I think that’s part of the “problem?” lol. It’s not my first rodeo my L2 is Spanish at B2/C1 with a crystal clear accent. Japanese is my L3, though I know Japanese is going to be several times harder to learn but I have fun learning languages so it’s a hobby, I’m in for the long haul. Especially since if I can master Japanese it will really help my career.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.