Finally reaching level Level 17 after 2672 days

I’ve had a lifetime sub for many years. I don’t regret it, but I bought it during one of the annual Christmas sales. :slight_smile:

Oh, I’ll keep a look out for a sale myself, thanks

Neither lol, I’ve been paying for the monthly sub continuously since 2013… Every year I see the sale and I’m like “that’s still a lot of money” and I don’t buy it… and every year I regret it. I’ve spent so much money on WK LOL

1 Like

Haha yeah lots of my subscriptions end up that way. There are a couple a could/should drop right now but haven’t for whatever reason.
I think I’ll jump on the sale when it comes up

1 Like

Right behind you, slo-bro.

2 Likes

I have reached level 8. I’m sure I’ll have to slow down once I reach uncharted territory, but until then, your lead will definitely hold supreme anyway. How’s it going for you?

1 Like

Wow you’re blasting through the levels… I should reach level 18 tomorrow (assuming I get all my reviews correct) but it will be a decent amount of time before level 19 because of all the vocab words that don’t count towards leveling

2 Likes

Got through this one in 15 days! Some would say it’s slow but I agree with you, for me it’s at the edge of what time I’m comfortable spending on WK.

1 Like

The fastest I’ve ever leveled up was 14 days 23 hours, that was level when I reached level 2 LOL

2 Likes

@finnra pinging to let you know I successfully reached level 18

2 Likes

@Shirinai

Welp, I swear this never happens to me but, I’ve leveled up early:

I’m not sure exactly what was different, but level 8 seems to have been a blessed level for me (the stars must have aligned for me). On the bright side (for your end), I now have many lessons to get through before I start on level 9:

How’s your progress going? Plugging along?

1 Like

Yo congratulations!! Great job, and I think this is a positive sign that you’re going to be leveling up faster from now on. We just needed a little friendly competition to get us going, right?

I’m still working through my level 17 vocab, so I haven’t started the new level 18 radicals or kanji yet. I have 68 outstanding lessons, so I should be done with those by next week if I keep up my pace of 10 lessons a day.

Hi! Congrats with progress! What app or script is in the picture?

The picture shows wkstats.com

1 Like

Oh, no no no, I have grammar to focus on. If this keeps up I’ll restrict myself to fewer lessons on WK and spend the saved time on grammar drills :upside_down_face:

Any pace that keeps you going is a good pace!

1 Like

Oh man, I feel ya. I’ve been on my level for about 5 years now?? I was on a roll and then quit and now I picked it up again and unburned ALL items. I’ve been digging through a stack of 3k+ reviews since march, but I’ve blazed it down to 1500! Here’s to hoping for more consistency

2 Likes

Keep us updated! Let’s stay on the gravy train together.

1 Like

We’re in the same boat! I reset around level 19? or 20 something? After years of sluggish progress. Then got stock at level 9 again hahah. But since August this year I have been doing Wanikani daily! This is it, I’m not gonna let myself give up this time!

2 Likes

Haha, will do my best. Had to step away for a couple days now it’ back to 1800!!

1 Like

@finnra

Just hit level 19!

2 Likes