Finally lvl 12 yay!

Congrats on your progress and perseverance thus far!

I feel exactly the same sense of accomplishment you do when going from an almost overwhelming amount of new kanji when leveling up to near-instant recall of those same kanji just a few days later.

Like you, I also started and later restarted, but I only reached level three and stopped for almost two years. Just before New Years I bought a lifetime subscription and am already on level 8, a pace I’m very happy with. Hang in there, and we’ll both be on level 60 before we know it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! Congrats! I aspire to get to that level too!

1 Like

Your comment is so nice!
And yeah, I know how you feel when it comes to having no friends. I’m sort of a lone wolf too, I just wanted to make it sound ‘‘better’’ by adding ‘’…who study Japanese or even know about Wanikani.‘’ I’m just really happy that this community exists, it cheers me up a lot and I’m sure that many other people feel that way too.
You’re already on lvl 19, so keep up with the good work, you can do it! Yay!

2 Likes

One big tip…don’t fall in love…it seriously kills your speed :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently, I’ve already read and liked your post. It kind of seems familiar, but wow, it also feels like I’m happy for you all over again for the first time. I want to be lvl 12 too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure that you’ll get there soon! :slight_smile:

I wonder what it is about level 11? I did the free levels in September then picked up again in December on the lifetime membership sale. Moving along nicely til level 11 then seriously slowed down for a month!

For me I had my level 1-3 burns coming round at that point which hiked up the reviews.

Anyway glad I pushed on. Somewhere around level 12 you suddenly get a bit of a breakthrough in the reading. I can now go on sites like NHK News Easy and feel like I recognise a reasonable amount of the kanji/vocab. Which is very rewarding!

1 Like

Haha, maybe it has something to with the fact that it’s the first level of ‘‘Painful’’! :joy:
But yeah, it’s great to hear that you had a breakthrough in reading! Keep on going!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.