Fed up of this rubbish

I would say that I hate drama like this, but I don’t

60 Likes

I find it more funny that someone tried out something that realistically would take a year and a half to two years to finish but didn’t even bother reading the FAQ.

13 Likes

Honestly, it happens a lot. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

I always enjoy the fact people find the forums to complain on, but can’t find the FAQ detailing how the site works in the first place.

31 Likes

To be fair, the link to the forums is in the user menu, while the FAQ is hidden in the footnotes at the bottom of the page.

26 Likes

Suppose that’s true. Footer is a good place to look for information, but I do imagine most people ignore them.
WaniKani could definitely use a better on-boarding process.

13 Likes

The current way internet is used (BTW, media used to name it “Internet v2” as usage was changing from static pages to dynamic content, but I lost the count, it must be at least “internet v5” nowadays??) is really frightening in the way one person will publish a comment, and may immediately get slammed by 1000s of people from all around the world. Now maybe people living in the most remote places read the comment and think “this guy must be stupid”…

In such a situation, the original poster certainly feels the heat :grimacing: . Unless its just a troll and got the thrill of it.:man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I don’t think a troll would get a thrill out of our answers, perhaps the existence of them is enough, but the community here posts a lot about anything, so that’s not really a challenge.

6 Likes

I think the OP was extremely successful🥇

There’s other threads with way more content that don‘t get that kind of attention.

4 Likes

Dude chill damn (o.o’)

2 Likes

Wait… You came here to learn kanji for Japanese?? I’ve been learning these cool radicals the whole time, and I’ve got to say, there’s nothing cooler than to tell your friends you know like a thousand radicals on wanikani.

19 Likes

I reset to 1 recently and they’ve really improved the new starter experience. It goes out of its way to tell you to be patient and set expectations.

8 Likes

alright, good luck with Japanese

6 Likes

Is “rubbish” a mainly British word?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Cause I don’t seem to see/hear it a lot in American media.

6 Likes

These types of posts are always so weird.

Childish, yeah - it’s meant to be fun, funny, humorous. You’re learning a language, it’s dry stuff if you don’t really inject a bit of personality into it. The entire mnemonic system isn’t sanctioned by any authority but who gives a damn if it helps get the point across.

Like, I get frustration that reviews aren’t flooding in early on, and that you’re not conquering it at a breakneck pace, but come on - if you honestly think you can do better than you don’t need WaniKani.

10 Likes

If you’ve ‘had enough’ already I’d suggest that Japanese isn’t the language for you.

11 Likes

Wow a lot of comments in one night, so that’s what people do in the hours they have to wait between reviews! Yes, I have read the FAQ. But it’s really frustrating, last night it told me I had 6 hours before I can do anything else, this morning it showed me a single radical, and then says I have to wait another two hours. Forgive my outburst but at this rate I’m not going to progress.
Yes, rubbish is a British word.

3 Likes

Also, after thinking it through for a bit, a lot of the 1st level radicals are Kanji, you’re just not told that until later. And, yes. The forums never sleep.

As several people have said, it is frustrating at first. But at some point, you’ll have more.
There’s not much more than that.

You also have to do your reviews consistently and (ideally) with a schedule, so you don’t have to check every hour for new reviews, but instead know that all reviews are coming at the same time, or every 2 hours, etc.

11 Likes

Are you legitimately unsure of why you haven’t unlocked any kanji, or are you just trolling.

It’s possible to unlock the first kanji in roughly a day and a half, so if you have been using the site for longer than that, WaniKani has been waiting on you, not the other way around.

15 Likes

Oh! Forgot about the fast levels (again).

2 Likes