Extra Study Mode

Extra Study Mode is so helpful! I wonder if it would be possible to have a list of words by type (guru, master, enlightened, burned)?

4 Likes

woah, what a cool site! Would you mind sharing the link?

2 Likes

This is a thing of beauty. Cheers.

1 Like

Have y’all received the email from Koichi about it?

1 Like

Is there any way to turn this off? It’s taking up space on my dashboard and I have no intention of ever using this feature. It’s great that you’re adding new stuff, but now I have to scroll down to see how many apprentice/guru/etc. items I have, which is pretty annoying.

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like [Userscript] WK Extra study mover would be right up your alley.

One way to configure it that you might not have considered allows you to hide it in the header as a dropdown like the levels dropdown so it takes effectively zero space, but you can still access it if needed.

I looked into installing user scripts once and it was like eight steps and I can’t be bothered. I’m specifically requesting that the site itself add an option to disable it.

I don’t think “just use a userscript” should be the answer for every usability issue a site has.

1 Like

Should be as simple as installing tampermonkey or similar from the extension store, visiting the userscript link and then installing it.

1 Like

I understand, but considering that WK has never provided an option to disable things people want disabled (e.g. the distraction of the “recent community topics” box), I thought I might provide a solution to your problem.

1 Like

Fair enough, thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Now the script has implemented an option to fully remove it if you’d prefer that :wink:

I’d like to minimize it, but the teachers at my school will get mad at me for accessing files, downloading extentions, and/or going into code

Since you didn’t get a reply… the site is renshuu.org. Very cool site which, while I’m not a huge fan of the flashcard/multiple choice ‘learning’ system they have, has some fun games like crosswords and shiritori.

1 Like

I’d love the items answered correctly to clear themselves, to only have wrongly answered one, would it be possible?

does the extra study time out like the regular reviews do if you idle for too long? having to go through 200+ items in one go can be a lot and i’d like to take breaks

I don’t remember if it has a timeout, but it doesn’t matter because it will still resume where you left off.

It does time out

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the “recent mistakes” option as a way to focus effort where it’s needed and have been using a similar feature on mobile to run a “penalty round” after each study session (when I have time). My only request would be to somehow remove entries before 24 hours has elapsed. For example, over the weekend I might clear 200-350+ reviews in small sessions throughout the day and would prefer to keep the post-session review a bit more constrained to avoid overload (and I’d prefer not to redo 40+ “recent mistakes” just to re-review the 4 items just missed).

Maybe items could be removed from “recent mistakes” once you’ve answered them correctly three consecutive times? Trying to keep this kind of recent mistakes queue at zero would certainly encourage extra study where it’s needed most.

I am totally sure that it would be impossible to imply but I would love to have the ability to continue using Wanikani feeding it with my own vocabulary. Anki is not really working for me.

1 Like