個人間= interpersonal; 匿名配送=anonymous shipping

尿 ~ urine

• Counter-measures to prevent urine leakage - nyo-more

下痢 ~ Diarrhea

IL94bg
Video link

解剖学 ~ anatomy

長唄 ~ Long Shamisen Song

Usually performed during Kabuki theatre, as shown in the video focusing on a 104 year old shamisen player. Talk about playing for a long time!

4 Likes

Placeholder in case I can’t count right lol

6 Likes

@ekg would there happen to be a side view of the cards to show the embossing?

2 Likes
chatty with ekg

@ekg while it’s nice that you found something with the vocab on it, I don’t think it creates a strong mental image. Like if I read 泌尿器 and see this, I’ll just think hospital, not urinary oragns. I think something like a urine tract diagram would work better.

1 Like

How strong of a mental image do you need for https://www.wanikani.com/vocabulary/金玉 ? :eyes: :8ball:

11 Likes

Well, I did find that as well…but those images…I second @plantron’s question…in any case, you can add that if you want. It will be hard to say what constitutes a strong image or not as that’s really individual. There will also be plenty of vocab items where you’re just glad you’ve found something with the item used…best not expect perfection but variation/multiple examples of word use.

We’ll also have to summary tag stuff sooner or later or the individual wiki posts are gonna get huge! :eyes:

1 Like

It’s also a pun: 川をきれいにしたい

8 Likes

Tanuki will happily come to the rescue :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

This encyclopedia is gonna need a table of contents. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

purrhaps

5 Likes

I think perhaps you’re misunderstanding the term “visual dictionary,” it’s a concept

I’ll change the wording in the first post, to be clearer that the image should contain text of the vocab word itself and either a picture of it or something that very heavily implies it. I think you’d have to try very hard to find anyone who think urinary organs when they look at a photo of a hospital though.

2 Likes

You’re right in that I don’t really know this concept, I only thought of things that are useful to know if living in Japan and for example being a man + didn’t make use of offensive imagery in compliance with forum rules. In any case, I changed the post so it’s about the kanji rather than the vocab. Not sure if that helps.

But, in any case, I’m not sure I should contribute to this project anymore.

Suddenly I really miss 乱交…

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Is the vocab only for male organs?

I’ll be sorry to see you go ):

ngl that is exactly the the vocab I thought it was going to be, but I did not expect it to be that combo of kanji

1 Like

@spontpotato thank you for the typo spotting :joy: I should’ve looked closer

1 Like

I was merely thinking of prostate cancer, the vocab is just the anatomical word. In any case, I’m doing anime watching now. ^^

2 Likes

Alright, have fun watching! What’s on the menu tonight?

1 Like

Hm, I’m doing catch up on One Piece. If I feel like it later: Mugen train :bullettrain_front:

2 Likes

Did you watch Kimetsu no Yaiba already?? I totally missed that.

1 Like