TypeError at /kw/login/

string indices must be integers
<table><tbody><tr>
  <th>Request Method:</th>
  <td>POST</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <th>Request URL:</th>
  <td><a href="http://127.0.0.1:8001/kw/login/?next=/kw/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://127.0.0.1:8001/kw/login/?next=/kw/</a></td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <th>Django Version:</th>
  <td>1.6.5</td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <th>Exception Type:</th>
  <td>TypeError</td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <th>Exception Value:</th>
  <td><pre>string indices must be integers</pre></td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <th>Exception Location:</th>
  <td>/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/KW/kw_webapp/tasks.py in sync_with_wk, line 186</td>
</tr>

<tr>
  <th>Python Executable:</th>
  <td>/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/bin/python3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <th>Python Version:</th>
  <td>3.4.0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
  <th>Python Path:</th>
  <td><pre>['/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/KW',

‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/bin’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/newrelic-2.28.0.26/newrelic/bootstrap’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/lib-dynload’,
‘/usr/lib/python3.4’,
‘/usr/lib/python3.4/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/site-packages’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/KW’]

Server time:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 00:32:11 -0500

I wish there was a way to limit the tool only to words that are in apprentice OR are burned
I don’t want the tool to ruin the SRS effect of items in higher levels like Guru, Master, Enlightened etc.

any possibility of this feature becoming available? ^_________^

oh and thanks for making this btw -
totally awesome

reddini said... I get the same error

TypeError at /kw/login/

Request Method:
  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://127.0.0.1:8001/kw/login/?next=/kw/">http://127.0.0.1:8001/kw/login/?next=/kw/</a>
Django Version:
Exception Type:
  TypeError
Exception Value:
Exception Location:
  /opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/KW/kw_webapp/tasks.py in sync_with_wk, line 186
Python Executable:
  /opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/bin/python3
Python Version:
Python Path:
   ['/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/KW',

‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/bin’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/newrelic-2.28.0.26/newrelic/bootstrap’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/lib-dynload’,
‘/usr/lib/python3.4’,
‘/usr/lib/python3.4/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/lib/python3.4/site-packages’,
‘/opt/venvs/KaniWaniEnv/KW’]
Server time:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 00:32:11 -0500

catherinejaneh said…
Hello! This sounds like a really cool addition, but for some reason when I tried to log in after creating an account, this error page appeared:

TypeError at /kw/login/

Any idea how to fix it? Would really love to be able to try this site soon. ^^ Thank you very much for your hard work!

Could both of you email me your account names and API keys at tadgh@cs.toronto.edu ?
I’ll get on it right away. 

klayhamn said... I wish there was a way to limit the tool only to words that are in apprentice OR are burned
I don't want the tool to ruin the SRS effect of items in higher levels like Guru, Master, Enlightened etc.

any possibility of this feature becoming available? ^_________^

oh and thanks for making this btw -
totally awesome
 Could you elaborate on what you mean? Kaniwani holds onto its own SRS information, we don't use anything from Wanikani. Everything starts as apprentice. Are you saying you'd like it if it only quizzes you on your WK items that are either in apprentice or burned? Thanks for using the app!

I think having the ability to delete words on Kaniwani would be ideal.  That way we don’t have to see our burned items anymore…it takes too much time to review like, numbers 1-10 or the word HITO.  Some way to get rid of words we 100% know would make it flow 100x better.

reddini said... I get the same error

TypeError at /kw/login/

catherinejaneh said...
Hello! This sounds like a really cool addition, but for some reason when I tried to log in after creating an account, this error page appeared:

TypeError at /kw/login/

Any idea how to fix it? Would really love to be able to try this site soon. ^^ Thank you very much for your hard work!

Hey guys this has been fixed. Sorry about that!

kairu said... I think having the ability to delete words on Kaniwani would be ideal.  That way we don't have to see our burned items anymore...it takes too much time to review like, numbers 1-10 or the word HITO.  Some way to get rid of words we 100% know would make it flow 100x better.
 You're saying since you've burnt something in Wanikani, you don't want to see it in kaniwani? This is why I have KW starting at your current level, and not level one. Am I getting the gist of what you're saying? I could certainly implement some kind of ability to hide a particular vocabulary if its a very requested feature. However the SRS will typically take care of this no? Just get it right 8 times in a row, and you're set.

Thanks for the feedback :D
Tadgh11 said...
kairu said... I think having the ability to delete words on Kaniwani would be ideal.  That way we don't have to see our burned items anymore...it takes too much time to review like, numbers 1-10 or the word HITO.  Some way to get rid of words we 100% know would make it flow 100x better.
 You're saying since you've burnt something in Wanikani, you don't want to see it in kaniwani? This is why I have KW starting at your current level, and not level one. Am I getting the gist of what you're saying? I could certainly implement some kind of ability to hide a particular vocabulary if its a very requested feature. However the SRS will typically take care of this no? Just get it right 8 times in a row, and you're set.

That's the gist of it.  But let's say I have some words at level 5 that I just suck at remembering.  Right now I have to unlock ALL of level 5 vocab and go through them all just to study a small set of words from that level.  This is not ideal for people in higher levels because you're saying we have to get it right 8x in a row just to take care of it.  It would be much simpler just to have the option to edit the vocab list...i.e. delete the vocab word.  
So for instance, say I want to review some vocab from level 1.  Just like, 5 words.  I would have 80 reviews of just the numbers 1-10, not to mention all the other easy vocab I already burned in wanikani.  We're talking 100's of reviews (which turns into 1,000s of reviews the higher up we get) that are unnecessary.  So having the ability to delete/hide/burn a vocab we have already burned streamlines Kaniwani's usefulness and lets the user focus on new vocab or vocab we really don't know well.
See what I am saying?  Just having the ability to manipulate the huge vocab list would be ideal.
kairu said...
Tadgh11 said...

That's the gist of it.  But let's say I have some words at level 5 that I just suck at remembering.  Right now I have to unlock ALL of level 5 vocab and go through them all just to study a small set of words from that level.  This is not ideal for people in higher levels because you're saying we have to get it right 8x in a row just to take care of it.  It would be much simpler just to have the option to edit the vocab list...i.e. delete the vocab word.  
So for instance, say I want to review some vocab from level 1.  Just like, 5 words.  I would have 80 reviews of just the numbers 1-10, not to mention all the other easy vocab I already burned in wanikani.  We're talking 100's of reviews (which turns into 1,000s of reviews the higher up we get) that are unnecessary.  So having the ability to delete/hide/burn a vocab we have already burned streamlines Kaniwani's usefulness and lets the user focus on new vocab or vocab we really don't know well.
See what I am saying?  Just having the ability to manipulate the huge vocab list would be ideal.

That makes it clearer. I'll have to think on it, but it sounds like a pretty good idea. 

Cheers!

PLEASE think on it!  A lot!
I think its a critical option to have for people will huge vocabulary sets.  Think of the time saved by NOT seeing words we already know 100%.  The review sessions would be dedicated to critical vocabulary, which makes review sessions much more enjoyable.

Right now I can see the vocab lists…it would be sooooo awesome just to have a little delete option or “don’t show me this” option.  These are the times when I wish I knew how to code, lol…

Thanks a lot! Will definitely try it out!

Obviously, I can’t speak for those above but this is fantastic. Definitely my weak spot that truly needs strengthened! Kudos!

what do I enter for api key?

nvm read the api thingy thanks though guys.

Thank you for your website, that’s exactly what I wanted !

thanks for this wonderful tool!  i really love it and it certainly gets me thinking hard when new vocab comes up!  appreciate all your work on it and giving it to us at no cost…

Tadgh11 said...
kairu said...
Tadgh11 said...

That makes it clearer. I'll have to think on it, but it sounds like a pretty good idea. 

Cheers!

I also appreciate this suggestion, it would be great if you have time to implement it - as it would be optional I can't see anyone complaining too much! Thanks for all your hard work.

Is Kaniwani down at the moment?
I can’t log on, I get a “Server error 500” error…

Must try after bed! XD

Bluebriz said... Is Kaniwani down at the moment?
I can't log on, I get a "Server error 500" error...
 Fixed!