Click to see a cake

With my current speed (3 lessons a day, skip on busy days) I’ll be there by summer :rofl:
I also do repeats of early leves again on a separate account (5 a day), Bunpro (1 a day), and Kitsun (10 a day) so have enough of a load, without getting over worked (somehow having it splitt on several piles makes it more bearable than if I had the same amount in one pile, when doing the reviews =P )
All of them progressing slowly, but all moving forward.

1 Like

Beautiful explanations, you have a great memory! And also that cake looks sooo good

1 Like

Wow you have made amazing progress, and that cake is spectacular and well deserved!

Do you have any plans to actually visit Japan in the future? All that seems to be missing from your future plans section is the ‘then I will spend a month travelling rural Shikoku’ etc.

Thanks for sharing your story, and enjoy the cake!

1 Like

Well of course i want to visit - ive wanted even before i learned some of japanese, although granted now i wouldnt be limited to just classic touristy places, but i could visit even some places less used to english speaking tourists (still idk if it really affects first visit, since theres just soo many great places accessible without japanese).
I dont have any specific plans on when and what exactly to visit, but i definitely will! It is just really expensive in comparison with other places in Europe that i can visit basically on whim with close to zero travel cost, so ill have to really convince myself that im not wasting money on this “weeb dream”.
I dont have problem spending money to develop a skill, but i have bad mentality where paying a lot for vacation just feels like waste of money :smiley:

that sounds really cool! but im a bit spoiled with technology and comfort though so i cant see myself traveling rural places for a month straight haha. I probably wont visit any really rural places on my first visit since its not really time efficient to go out of way for it (and especially Shikoku), but i would love to do some 2-3 day trips in more rural places eventually.

Oh definitely. Good luck though. For me it’s more expensive to be in Australia than it is in Japan, so if I can snag a decent flight a holiday over there will cost less than a holiday here. From Europe not quite the same. Being able to do the Japanese-only tour in less-visited places is great. Put Myoryuji Ninjadera in Kanazawa on the list :wink:

1 Like

Wow! That cake looks absolutely fabulous! The Crabigator is amazing but the little detail with the devoted followers lining the top is the icing on the cake, figuratively and literally! :laughing:

Also, a huge おめでとう!to you on getting to lvl. 60! :partying_face: :crocodile: :crab:

-Nick at WK

4 Likes

Sorry I found your post so late.

You passed N3, finished Genki 1/2, and Quartet 1 in 1 1/2 years?!?!?!

They have a phrase for someone like you–“Over achiever”.

Anyways, I stand in the shadow of your greatness. You are an example of what can be achieved by
a motivated person.

2 Likes