Biribiri Beats

https://community.wanikani.com/t/shhh-gifs-only-v2-%F0%9F%99%8A/44881/2346?u=dollydaydream

I love that gif, one of my favourite characters out of Kuroko no Basket was Nigo

1 Like

4iqg1o

3 Likes

It does morteasd san :wink:

And if you feel there is a better and appropriate word, please let me know and I would gladly make the change :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay… There is, but it was just a meme/jab and I really don’t want to derail this thread into an argument.

1 Like

@plantron san

Did you take a break on Level 42? Or did you reach Level 60 and got your level hard coded to 42 because you love AHGTTG?

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Late, later … sesame. :durtle_hello::

Oooh, that’s news to me. I thought Ocean Eyes was his first :sweat_smile: My cousin recommended it in 2009 because he liked the “Fireflies” song.

:metal:

Love it. I can feel that you are probably ticked off that Carly Rae Jepsen got more credit for the song rather than Adam because of her “Call me may be “ fame :face_with_monocle:

Note: This is my thread, so we can discuss it here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

his popularity really spiked with fireflies, and by association some of ocean eyes (particularly vanilla twilight) became popular as well. it’s sad though, because i really like his early stuff, especially from his first ep—of june

i mean, i do like carly rae jepsen’s music as well, she is a good singer, but i feel like people definitely associated that song more with her than owl city. it’s also a bit sad, as technically good time is part of his album the midsummer station, but that really didn’t get much popularity ): personally, i think some of his best work is in that album

2 Likes

I loved the entire album of ocean eyes and I will listen to his first album over the weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel your frustration. It is kind of a “Grinds my gear situation”. Admittedly I have not listened to a lot of songs from Midsummer Station as well :sweat_smile: That’s mostly because I have been exploring Japanese music instead of experiencing English ones. Time to listen to MS album :grin:

There are some works and artists where their work is super awesome and you can’t believe why the rest of the world is not seeing it the way you do. You want to climb on to the tallest tower and scream “X is awesome, experience it”. You want them to feel the same joy you derive from that work. And it is ardent fans such as yourself who sustain the flickering embers until they have a chance to turn to light up :fire: . I love your passion for Adam Young, YoungAdam :heart:

1 Like

:eyes:

was this a coincidence or did you intend this? :laughing:

also it’s very nice that you’re going to listen to his less-popular songs, i hope you enjoy them (:

1 Like

What do you think his best songs are? I’ve only heard some of the more famous songs after I started listening to some of his songs after I heard Fireflies. I remember listening to Vanilla Twilight and Verge sometime after. I’ve pretty much been listening to the same set of songs for the past month, so I want to change up my playlist a bit.

2 Likes

ugh i have to choose his best? i really don’t know i love all of them, haha

wow i’m trying to think about it and i fully can’t choose :sweat_smile:

anyway, if you want some recommendations, pick some numbers between 1 and 103 and i’ll send them to you (:

3 Likes

One of my first hit with anime was the concert in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱).

It’s worth a watch, preceded and announced K-ON.
I rewatched the whole thing a few month ago, the anime has aged but the movie that followed is still so brillant.

And I jumped when “brigade” wasn’t accepted for the kanji 団 :smiley:

2 Likes

42 :grin:

3 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know what kinda music this is, but I think I like it.

4 Likes

hmm, perhaps it’s a region lock–i’m able to see the video just fine. that would be very mean.

anyway, just search “honey and the bee owl city” on youtube or somewhere and you should get it (:

2 Likes

Okay, that was pretty romantic.

Liked the alternating vocals.

Kinda reminds me of Saint Motel:

2 Likes

It’s a lucky coincidence :grin:

I love the embers song as well :grin: I don’t mind whether a song is popular or not, all I care is whether I connect with it or not. There are a whole lot of albums where people liked popular songs and I liked something else :joy_cat: I have a bit of a renegade streak :wink: (it’s not planned. It just happens a lot.)

1 Like

It has been on my list for a long time. I want to watch it soon :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I like your independent streak @KyokaJiro-さん :slightly_smiling_face: I should know because we are the same. Most people I interact with will like a particular song and I cannot, for the life of me, get to like it the same way they do. Then they all gang-up on me and make fun of the stuff I listen to. :stuck_out_tongue: Food is the same way. They like all the same cuisines, bring me the food of other countries please! New international restaurant opens, sign me up!:yum:

4 Likes