Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread (Beginner Book Club / Aria Book Club)

Welp, I’ve gone and done it. You’re stuck with me now.

Boy, do I love this series.

Bow before the mighty (Wani)Kani-san.

11 Likes

They’re so pretty!

I ordered volume 2, at least?! I’m going to Japan soon-ish, so I figured it might be cheaper to get the rest there…

4 Likes

I’m also planning to go through the whole series! I have vol. 1-12 of the original Aria, though, so I don’t have a good excuse to buy the beautiful Masterpiece edition beyond vol. 1. :weary:

1 Like

I also ordered volume 2! Which means I’ll probably end up buying the whole set at some point, because the completionist in me hates the thought of having only 2 books in a series. xD

3 Likes

Right?! I basically either have to have just one or all of them. Preferably all :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I ordered the rest of the series and it’s set to arrive tomorrow! When should we start volume 2? The last week for volume 1 is August 18th.

• August 25th (no break)
  • September 1st (same start date as Non Non Biyori)
  • September 8th
  • September 15th
  • September 22nd

0 voters

Are you planning to read volume 2 with the group?

• Yes
  • No
  • Not sure (explain if we can do anything to help)

0 voters

Are you okay with continuing volume 2 at the current pace (one chapter per week)?

• Yes
  • No (please explain alternative)

0 voters

2 Likes

That’s 3 100% so far (out of five voters :stuck_out_tongue: )

Nice. I voted for three dates in case a lot of people didn’t get volume 2 in time for August 25th.

I’m going to convert the main post to a wiki so you can fill in the chapter numbers and pages for the original Aria. I’ll fill out the information for volume 2 sometime this week and I’ll leave room for you to fill in that information.

3 Likes

I’m going to try and buy the rest of the series when I’m in Japan, but maybe I’ll pay for a digital copy so I can keep up with you during volume 2. Even though I really should probably be concentrating on other things.
I reserve the right to change/make up my mind at the last moment. :joy:

Is there even a digital version…?

Hmmm, if not I guess I’m just going to go mental hearing you guys discuss it without me. :open_mouth::scream:

I need a dislike button. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I am excite!

I’m not particularly fussy about when we start. I think I’d prefer to get going in advance of のんのんびより, because otherwise I get stuck wondering when the best date would be :stuck_out_tongue: - “I don’t want to start it the same week, but then the next is the first time we read two chapters at once, but then the week after is when the page count really ramps up…”.

I think my copy should arrive in time regardless!

It looks like the seller I bought the next few volumes from has made a mistake with shipping (i.e. not shipping it via the service I paid for - so currently trying to sort this out.)
The result is that I might not be able to start reading until mid September, so I might have to catch up if they arrive late. :frowning:

oh nooos D:

If mine doesn’t arrive by the 25th I’ll have left on holiday and won’t be able to start until the 8th at the earliest, so we can commiserate together :pensive:

1 Like

I’ll wait and see. Shipping can be a bit of a lottery in terms of how long it takes sometimes. With any luck they’ll show up sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

I didn’t vote for Aria in the Book Club’s poll and wasn’t too excited about it at first, but the other day I realized there were only two chapters left and felt sad, so I guess I’ll just keep reading with you guys!
At least as long as life doesn’t get too busy and I can keep up with this and the other readings.

4 Likes

I was also not particularly optimistic, and I did vote for it :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, are we planning to keep using the current google doc for the vocabulary list, or to start a new doc for each volume? Probably a question for @seanblue. Perhaps we could start a new doc, but copy all the volume 1 lists into one sheet in the new doc as a quicker way to reference whether a word has come up before or not :thinking:

Not sure I see the point in that. Besides, won’t you have a Kitsun Aria deck to share with everyone soon enough? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was thinking we should just use the same spreadsheet unless someone has a good reason not to.

Google Drive may kick up a fuss at some point. No idea what point, though.

1 Like