Anyone tried Kanken?

God damnit… I just realized that I never updated my Kanken CBT profile to my new address. No idea if they’ll successfully forward the mail to my current apartment since it’s now been over 2 years since I lived there. I thought for sure I had taken Kanken since moving, but it was actually right around the time the pandemic was beginning that I moved, and took a break from test taking.

Welp, will update if I have more info.

4 Likes

If it doesn’t make it to you, I’m sure it can be resent… for a fee, no?

Probably. I’ll see what happens and contact them.

Any updates on Kanken?

The results bounced back to Kanken and they mailed it again with the updated address. Waiting.

8 Likes

I passed Level 3. I don’t have my score yet but it’s nice to know I passed. I hope it doesn’t take me so long to get to the next level. For anyone interested, I’m going to update my study methods and progress here:

8 Likes

Congratulations!!!
My studies for the level three stagnated completely.

Thank you for the blog!

And thank you for the app recommendation. It has level 1 also included! I just installed it but it was for free.

ちょっと気持ち悪いかもしれないけど、
I love you!!! :heart_eyes::heart::tada::cherry_blossom::birthday::white_flower::pray::sob::partying_face:

My level 3 study stagnated twice. But I got there.
The app is free to install but I think you need to pay for features.

1 Like

I don’t like free apps.

What would the difference be, except that if it charges you first you can’t try it as much to see if you like it.

In my experience if it is free the quality is not so good and it uses annoying adds or they sell your data.
If they charge later it’s ok

I like to pay for things if I find them useful because I like to see the price tag of things. It’s better to know upfront what kind of bargain it is because in my view of the world everything is conditional :slightly_smiling_face:

I subscribed for Wanikani also in the worst possible time because it is worth the full price for me. I don’t want discounts if it is useful.

You have to pay in the mental damage you incur to your identity by going against your views.

1 Like

Sounds interesting.
Have to admit I don’t understand what you’re point is :sweat_smile:

It’s not free and you know the price

1 Like

For the records, the lowest level is for free and unlocking all Kanji, which seems to be a lot because it contains Kanken 1 costed 1,580 Yen
without mental damage so far :slightly_smiling_face:

It is a bit too early for a detailed review but I like the way the handwriting snaps to the ideal shape.

This is so fantastic, thank you.

Somehow my settings looks different than yours and I can’t find the ones you show on your blog with readings and meaning.

Maybe they don’t show in “writing” anyway.

In the Writing Challenge section. Click the boxes to choose options.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I think I got stuck because I was training on paper.

While I do think writing on paper is important I believe it is a better way to split the first part and the latter like you do now.

This app feels like a trip to the future to me after using the Nintendo DS Kanken game for more than a century :sweat_smile:
And it is very beautiful on top of everything else.

The previously lost and finally found level 7 results came. I did get a perfect score! First gold certificate attained.

24 Likes

Wow, congrats! Are you planning to move to the next level soon?

2 Likes