Animations not working?

I’ve noticed that the little boxes that come up to when you level up an item aren’t showing their usual animations, it just shows up instead of ‘rising’ (that’s the best word I can think of to describe it)

Don’t know if it’s just me - I have restarted my computer though to check, and I have also had the same thing happen on the web app on my phone

10 Likes

Same here :sweat_smile:
I must say, somehow I find it better without the animations :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Really? I def prefer the animations bc I like the smoothness of it! Feels too clunky for me otherwise :sob:

6 Likes

I noticed this too. Glad I’m not the only one who misses them.

3 Likes

For the record it only seems to be the SRS Update animation. The animation for the answer message (such as when there are multiple readings/meanings) is still working correctly, at least for me (with all scripts disabled too, so this isn’t a script related issue).

3 Likes

I posted about this earlier. It’s definitely not a script issue, I don’t use any scripts

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, our engineers have been informed, we’ll let you know once we have an update.

13 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing (also no scripts). It’s very distracting, especially since the fade-in does still work for the answer box itself turning red/green.

I noticed too! I’m waiting for it to rise and it just quickly splashes on the screen. I don’t know if that is an update or not, but I don’t like it. I like the rise. It is very smooth. The sudden appearance of the box is just jarring.

2 Likes

yh I’ve been seeing this too as of today… even made a dedicated post a few minutes ago because i didnt see this one ^^"

4 Likes

It seems to be fixed for me (with no scripts), is this the case for anyone else? [If you use Double-check, it seems that whatever fixed it has made it so the popup no longer appears at all. Disabling Double-check fixes this]

1 Like

Guess it’s good to know that it’s not just me having the issue.

1 Like

This has been fixed now :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Now I don’t see the level up at all anymore, though I do have a few extensions. I’ll try turning those off.

Edit: This is caused by the double check extension, so no worries.

2 Likes

It does work now, though I must say, I did like it better without animation – that way you could see at once if the item has passed or failed :sweat_smile:
It would be cool if someday the animation would be toggleable :slightly_smiling_face:

Animations are back, but now I can no longer see what level the item is when I finish both parts of the review (reading + meaning) :frowning:
Any chance the fix broke something else?

1 Like

The only animation that was broken was the SRS indicator. If you are experiencing this missing, then the issue is with Double-check as pointed out just a couple posts above.

2 Likes

does anyone know how this might be fixed so that these animations can work with double check? it’s by far my favorite script so that i can fix typos, etc… and would love to keep it on, but i am getting frustrated without knowing what level i’m on without these SRS update animations.

You should probably have just checked the Double-Check thread. It’s been fixed for weeks now. Please update Double-Check to 3.1.13

thanks for the heads up. was not aware of that thread.