[Android] Kakumei for WaniKani

The app is back! Thanks a lot. Is it possible to get the ignore button back as well. It disappeared after the update :frowning:

3 Likes

It seems ‘Flaming Durtles’ for Android has the option to ignore a review and put it back into the queue. You need to enable ‘Advanced Settings’, then go to ‘Other advanced settings’, and then set an action for one of the Special buttons.

Tried Flaming Durtles yet?

1 Like

I’ve tried it before and preferred Kakumei. Will give it another try.

Yeah the update changed some URL’s which broke the app, and then I guess they were rolled back so it started working again.

I’ve been meaning to give the app some love, I just haven’t had time recently. I’ll look into the ignore button as soon as I can. I don’t think updating the scripts should be terribly difficult. I also do really want to get notifications working again.

1 Like

Can you describe exactly how the ignore button worked and what the UI looked like? I never used that feature myself so I’m not sure what it looked like. I assume it was something like a button you could press after submitting a wrong answer, and it would override the result?

Looks like the app basically used this script (Wanikani Override Userscript 1.1.2 ("Ignore Answer" Button) [No longer supported]) which hasn’t been updated in forever, so it’s kinda crazy it worked as long as it did.

I can prob figure out a replacement way to get the same functionality back, so a description of exactly how it looked/worked would be super helpful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Basically, if you gave a wrong answer, the background turned red but you also had (as far as I remember) a cross :x: before the answer which you could press and it undid the answer (and the background was turning yellow or orange).

Flaming Durtles has this functionality but I am not a big fan of the app.

Do you remember exactly where the button was displayed? And did it mark the answer correct, or did it totally ignore the input and the item would pop back up in the queue later?

As far as I remember it was just a cross in the box with the answer. Similar to this image https://imgur.io/e0QDwAa?r (just found it on the internet). In the settings it’s called porting of Rui Pinheiro’s ignore button.

Basically it used to invalidate/ignore the answer. I used it when I was making a typo.

Any luck with the update?

Hi @mrothberg37 , I wonder if there is any progress with updating? I now use both Flaming Durtles (for reviews) and Kakumei (for new lessons) but still prefer Kakumei for a number of reason. Of course, if updating it would take too much efforts for you (I don’t know whether it’s a simple update or one has to re-write the whole code) then I will probably move to FD permanently. Thanks a lot for keeping it live anyway!

I dont trust an third party App where the API Key isnt enough and also want my Login Password. :confused: