Am I taking too much time to learn?

That doesn’t really make sense to me. The srs and mnemonics and radicals and systematic presentation of material can only useful if you get a certain amount wrong when you’re reviewing stuff?

1 Like

no, but getting 100% right 100% of the time means you know it already and would benefit more from learning more, instead of reviewing the known content endlessly.

1 Like

But that’s not the case, because each specifically timed reminder is cementing it further in my brain. A review I get right today might not have been right tomorrow, you don’t fail every item you’ve learned here once to “know” it right? I’m not following the logic. Someone who starts wanikani with no kanji knowledge, gets 100% correct and reaches level 60, hasn’t learned nothing or gained nothing from those reviews. Hypothetically, of course; no one is getting 100%. But you get my meaning hopefully.

4 Likes

oh yeah, sure. then again, if stuff is so easy you get it right, you could put that energy into learning a new one.
yeah, you might forget it next time, but the nudge will remind you, chances are good you got it.

you’d be surprised how much stuff you remember first try. you might see 5 kanji in a row you find easy to remember, that’s 500% of what repeating the same 1 kanji 5x would do, right?

so you forget that 1 thing, will you forget them all? even if you forget 3, that leaves 2 you do remember, which is still 200%, and next time, you’ll remember 2 again, 400%, and so on.

easy to learn stuff is easy to learn.

then there’s bad streaks, 5 in a row that are a bitch. in such a case, learning them all will take enough energy for this session.

that’s pretty cool. made me learn the whole RTK in 3 months, 2000 kanji. problem is tho, if that was SRS, i’d have giant review stacks. doh. but the principle is the same:

• easy: item is fine, move on
  • difficult: needs effort. do more with it to make it stick.

now i doubt that’s what he meant tho. he probably wanted to say “if you can remember everything instantly, read a list once, no need to do wk” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.