4065 reviews to go

I hope to make it to 0 reviews put it will be a long journey, i am lvl 60 so i won’t add new reviews but still it will take some time.
Does someone have some experience and knows the painless way to go to 0 reviwes.
Last year i had 3000 reviews and i build up to 600 cleared per day and keept it up and got close to 200 left but every day i had 500-600 reviews added and when i lost the tempo i got burried in reviews again.

8 Likes

Wow good luck! I never let it go that bad.

I think what I would do in your position is use a reorder script to do your reviews by SRS level, this way you’ll always get the least well known items first and you won’t have to wait a long time to do your apprentice/guru reviews.

2 Likes

I’d use a script or app to sort by reverse SRS aka starting with enlightened and working down.

If you get it right, burn and out of queue forever. Wrong and it’ll still be a few weeks until it gets back into active reviews, giving you time to keep doing new reviews.

This works well until you get to guru 1 and apprentice items which you may not remember at all. Just take extra time on those to review wrong ones and rememorize them.

3 Likes

Ha, you gave the opposite advice! I see where you’re coming from though, but for me the issue with starting with high SRS tiers IMO is that if you fail a review of a master/enlightened item it will fall back to the guru stage and will come back for review a few days later, but if you haven’t exhausted higher tier reviews by then you won’t get to revisit this.

I think going by low SRS makes more didactic sense, you’ll slowly work your way towards higher tiers over the course of a few weeks/months. If you fail items you get to review them at normal intervals while the high-tier stuff stays out of the way.

Also this way you can easily manage your pace. If one day you don’t feel like doing many reviews you can just do the apprentice/guru items to keep your reviews in check and leave the rest for an other day.

4 Likes

I might choose order the review by lower levels first, natively in Settings; but higher SRS is indeed the better option. But having no reorder script, I would keep myself doing the supposed-to-be-remembered things first.

Maybe accuracy can be bad, but allowing to be lenient by Double Check (which is not native, but a script) or Anki Mode (also a script), can help to avoid absolute English strictness. Just keep yourself very strict with the Reading part.

Nonetheless, don’t do Lessons. Even if you do some, you won’t get to review Apprentice items for a while (without a script to force put Apprentice first, that is).

:smile:

The problem with this to me is in this situation there’s probably 1000+ guru. Starting from the bottom will just eventually mix them into that pile where they won’t be seen again for potentially weeks, increasing the likelihood of just failing them. Conversely, higher SRS items are more likely to be remembered, passed, and taken out of queue for longer.

(Tho sometimes I’ve used the reorder omega to do nothing but guru items first just to eliminate them lmao. Guru is the worst tier)

4 Likes

Yeah that makes sense actually. I guess maybe a hybrid approach could be a good compromise: start with high SRS items to clear as many reviews as possible at first, then once you’re left with mainly apprentice/guru reviews you switch back to normal order to power through the rest.

2 Likes

I’ve never had that many. I think my highest was ~1500. But after 1000 I’m not sure it really makes much difference. Either way it’s a long haul, and the only way out is through. I’d just take it one day at a time, watching the pile shrink as I go. But the suggestion of doing Enlightened first was a good one, I thought. Hang in there! :slight_smile: