暁のヨナ 第3巻 | jun 26 update: next vol thread link posted

Thanks for the good tips, I think it can be helpful to everyone :slight_smile:

About lineマンガ:
Please keep in mind that installing any apk (or the ios pendant) from an unofficial source (not the appstore/marketplace) contains certain security risks. Thats why I don’t do this.

1 Like

I don’t know about Yona, but I would like to stick with Yoon.
I already searched unknown words from his lines, and I also like the guy.

I just ended reading the 12th chapter. It was pretty long, I hope that we don’t lose too much from reading 2 chapter a week…

I think for chapter 12 only the first part was quite long (lots of text), the second part was comparingly light in text.

But I’m really wondering how the read aloud will work out with 2 chapters. I think I might not be able to attend the whole thing if it takes too long.

Sign up sheet is ready! Every character has a decent amount of lines this time around. Longest monologue is definitely the legend. I’m not sure if any characters need to be divided up or not, so feel free to say something if you think any should be split.

There’s a lot of text between these two chapters, and I’m really not sure we’re gonna make it through the translation of the second before most everyone has to leave…I guess just try to be well prepared for you’re part and we’ll see how long it goes.

3 Likes

Priority for first chapter roles should go to those who have to leave early.

I have to leave at 0945 again this week, and probably for the rest of the month, so we can split Yona’s lines up into two or someone can just take over for me when I leave. I’ll probably be able to stay a lot longer after this month.

3 Likes

Once again bless your perfect naming sense @Rain32 , thank you for the sign up sheet!

Is there anyone else who needs to leave early? I will sign-up for chapter 13 for now, and if there’s vacancy for 12, I will take helpless Priest up :wink: or anyone who wants to split lines for a role. I don’t mind!

2 Likes

Those names are hilaryous indeed, but what about the voices in the legend?
(what they call 建国神話). If I recall correctly in the anime the good old king IL was the narrator, and then the dragons have they’r own voices.
Are all of that grouped as イクス?

1 Like

Yeah it might be worth splitting up a little just so that it’s not just one person reading for multiple pages. But I’m also fine leaving it to Vasi if she wants to read it all.

I think more of an issue is that we’ve already claimed all the parts in the first chapter and I’m pretty sure @deliana88 and @NanaNanaNana also have to leave early, so we me need to split the chapter 12 roles up some.

1 Like

I can probably attend the whole thing (if not at least 3/4), so I switched over to chapter 13.
(I did not read chapter 13 yet though :dizzy_face:)

Maybe someone wants my part in chapter 12 then?

I’m so scaaaared of doing his part though, I only had time to read it once yesterday and I’m so dead beat today, I will try to read more tomorrow and prepare. The prophecy part is so hard :sob: I’m going to need help… with the dragon voice I’m fine with doing them, I also practised in a different tone, lol

1 Like

Hope everyone has a good week! I don’t think I’ll join this week. I have been working 10+ hours a day with no time to practice anything and I’m too stressed and not sleeping well, so I am not feeling very well. Hopefully I’ll feel better in the upcoming weeks .

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :confused: Hope you can get some rest and feel better!

1 Like

Nana, I’m so sorry to hear that! :pleading_face: I hope you manage to catch a breath during the weekend a rest a bit! We will miss you today… take care, and hopefully see you next week! :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t make it today for the read-aloud session, but everyone have fun! :slight_smile:

Also hope you’ll feel better soon Nana!

2 Likes

お疲れ様!

It was great! We just ended now though… (the whole session lasted 2,5h)
for everyone who left, you missed out on one of the funniest reads imo :joy:

But it really was just 3 people left at the end, so yes, unless we are more people in the sessions in the future I’m not sure how feasible it will be to continue the 2 chapters/session…
What do you guys think?

2 Likes

@NanaNanaNana and @sakuchu Sorry we missed you today! Nana, hope you’re feeling better. Definitely good to take some rest time for yourself. <3

For the second chapter, it turned into just three of us at the end, @iterimpius, @Kraddak, and me (and the 4DWs). After we finished, we were chatting that the 2 chapter read-aloud session might be too long to be sustainable. Most people had left and we were all really tired after 2.5 hours of reading aloud. I’m not sure what a better option is though. Maybe going back to one chapter a week again, or reading 2 chapters but voting on only 1 to read aloud? Or having two discrete meeting times?

Also - I won’t be able to make the next 2 sessions, I’ll be on a flight next Saturday and then at an event for the following weekend. So whatever people want to try, I’ll miss out on it. :cry:

3 Likes

Get some rest :heart: @NanaNanaNana

I’d prefer to have all the chapters have a reading session, but I’d rather not go back to one chapter a week. We’re 2.5 months into the club and they still have not met one dragon :sweat:

I like the two times idea, but we’ll have to find a time that works for everyone which is really hard :sweat_smile: We can try tho

If most prefer to go back to one chapter a week, that’s okay, too. Please post your preference!

2 Likes

Sorry I had to leave a bit earlier today than usual. Wish I could have been there for the fun :slightly_smiling_face: I think this one went extra long because of all the exposition and some difficult vocabulary. But even if the chapters are easier, I think 2 chapter reading sessions are probably going to be too long in general. While I don’t think there’s a perfect solution, I’d vote for continuing the 2 per week pace but only choosing one of the chapters for the read aloud session. We could also try two sessions but getting schedules to align will be difficult, and I don’t want to split our already small group in half.

4 Likes

It’s possible that these two chapters were just really long/dense and weren’t the best first go at it, either. I don’t know. But I know we’ll figure out some system that works. :slight_smile:

If we do end up wanting to try 2 chapters back to back again, maybe we could try going through both chapters in Japanese first, then translating both in English. I think we get into a groove while reading one language and going back to back could speed things up. Translating takes the longest amount of time (but is also the most fun!), so if ppl have to leave midway through the translation part, at least they got to be part of both chapters together. It also helps keep the people reading later on engaged more. Today I read during the second chapter, and it felt a bit weird to go an hour without joining in.

2 Likes

@beari I understand completely, especially if it’s been so long without meeting even one of the 4DW’s….

I probably don’t mind if we go back to one chapter or if we continue with two! I enjoy it nonetheless! Having two sessions per week would be ideal, but only if we were more people and we could make all of our schedules work somehow… :pensive:

I think I agree with @kusuri ’s suggestion of following reading route and then translation one first, it might be less draining that way.

And last but not least, like I said in the call, I also think that these two chapters were just exceptionally longwinded. Not all are like that. Another idea is to have done a reconnaissance of the length at the start of the volumes and be able to tell when those super long/dense chapters are bound to come and when are the chapters shorter. If possible, we can do sessions of 2 ‘short/simpler’ chapters and sessions of 1 ‘heavy context’ ones.

2 Likes