三ツ星カラーズ Reading Club

I have zero experience with output in Japanese, so this is likely going to read very Western.

Question: 「何回モノクロ大佐がさっちゃんにフーーーッと言ったか?」

Answer:

Twice, if you count the bonus.

i-111

4 Likes

Is there a vocab sheet for Volume 2 yet? Looking to hit the ground running tomorrow.

Be sure to hop over to the volume two thread (I need to link it in the first post in this thread still). The volume two vocabulary spreadsheet is linked to there =)

I’ve prefilled the first page of words, so feel free to add in any others. I’ll be posting the “start of week one” post there in about six hours!

2 Likes

Oops! I started early so I was wondering.

I do love the 背が高い方 battle to start volume 2 off. I am doing the ハピネス club as well, but I haven’t been able to get into that story really so far.

1 Like

BookWalker has released colorized versions of the first four chapters of Mitsuboshi Colors. The first three are free to view.

5 Likes

The non-stop action continues in volume three!

3 Likes

Bought 4 volumes of it, tried to start on schedule but was overwhelmed with the grammar and vocab and stuff… months passed, I did some studying and although it’s still really hard to read (first chapter took me more than an hour), it’s relatively easier than before! bunpro helps
hoping this club won’t be abandoned, I’ll try to catch up soon…

4 Likes

One hour is actually a really good pace!

For my first manga (which was a bit text-heavy), I was spending upwards of two hours per four panels.

3 Likes

two hours per four panels

That’s a lot!

really good pace!

Thanks! Maybe it’s because I tried to keep up the pace by not spending extra time to catch up every nuance of grammar as long as I (supposedly) got the gist of a sentence. Also, discussion here really helps! and vocab list! really glad I found these book clubs

3 Likes

(I confused myself by posting the volume 4 poll onto the volume 3 thread rather than here.)

Since volume 3 ended with a long chapter, @Belthazar is on hiatus for maybe a few more days, @Oceansea is close behind on reading, and Shadows House begins this weekend, are we fine with taking a one week break after all before jumping into volume 4?

• I’m fine with a week off.
  • If we don’t start volume 4 in the next 24 hours, I’m boycotting.

0 voters

5 Likes

I’ve just arrived home this evening. Just gotta catch up.

4 Likes

I always vote the funniest option in a poll but I`m fine with a week off too

3 Likes

Haha. I probably would have checked the “boycott” option myself just for the lolz, except that I’m behind! ;D

3 Likes

The good news is the week off ends in a few days, so we can start volume 4 this weekend.

The better news is anyone who went on a boycott can end the boycott once we start volume 4 this weekend =D

3 Likes

Volume 4th read is up for this week’s chapter:

3 Likes

Next up, volume 5:

3 Likes

We have volume 6!

5 Likes

Anyone buying digital, now might be a good time to get those last couple of volumes, as they’re on sale.

This link is for a bundle of all eight volumes, but scroll down a little for individual volumes.

For anyone considering starting the series, the early volumes are even cheaper with this sale:

Bookwalker also reflects the sale prices:

I don’t see the sale on Kobo.

I only saw mention of the sale today, but apparently, it goes until midnight tonight, Japan time, 12 hours from the time of this posting.

4 Likes

Time for volume 7!

6 Likes

Final volume!

4 Likes