ロジカとラッカセイ ・ Rojica and Rakkasei 🥜 Volume 3

Spoilers

I’m thinking this will be some kind of bigger reveal towards the end of the volume (last chapter?), of which we might catch a few glimpses over the remaining chapters, similar to the giants from last volume. I’m also really curious about how the story will end and what we’re going to find out - I’m trying to make it a weekly ritual of reading only 1 chapter on Saturday, otherwise I’d also probably finish the whole volume in one weekend!

9 Likes
Week 5 October 14 2023
Pages 79-90
Chapter 22
  • I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book
  • I’m reading this book after the club has finished
0 voters
6 Likes
Open me after you finished the chapter (Chapter 22 spoilers)

When did you realize what was going on in this chapter?

• On the first few pages
  • In the first half
  • In the second half
  • On page 89
0 voters
3 Likes
Chapter 22 Spoilers

Looking back through the chapter after the reveal on p.89 was wild! :exploding_head:

On my first read-through, I did think it was weird that Rojica says “をををを〜” on p.88, instead of just like “おおおお〜” or something…but now I see why!

(I can’t imagine how this chapter would possibly be translated, if anyone ever decides to translate this series!)

6 Likes
Chapter 22

Not my favourite chapter (I’m not one for gimmicks when there’s story to be had), but hey, we got more young Rakkasei. And I have to admit that it’s quite impressive.

I was curious too and found a fan translation. It’s unsurprisingly not translating the actual content bubble for bubble, but I feel like it keeps the spirit/intention of most bubbles and the story stays intact. So, essentially a rewrite with even more restraints than the original author had.

I’m not gonna link it for obvious reasons, but if you google “Rojica to Rakkasei” (maybe add “manga online” if it’s not on the first page for some reason) you’ll easily find it.

5 Likes
Page 89

It’s missing the option “I don’t get it” :see_no_evil:

7 Likes
Chapter 22

Its ok, I also have no idea of what it is we’re supposed to notice is going on lol. I would just have brushed through it as a cute chapter if no one said anything (now I just feel lost)

6 Likes
Chapter 22

I went to see the translated version and now I get it. If you want the answer: Each sentence of their dialog start with a different letter and goes alphabetically. But kind of hard to notice if you don’t know the Japanese alphabetical order: あ、い、う、え、お、か、き、。。。

7 Likes
Chapter 22

The only thing I noticed really early while reading this chapter was that it is the first chapter with full furigana. And I though this was strange. But then I just thought that the author maybe used it because we see a young Rakkasei and that the use of furigana just adds to the “being young” :sweat_smile:

8 Likes
Chapter 22

The title of the chapter, “五十音”, also somewhat gives it away, but I read it and then immediately forgot about it :sweat_smile:

10 Likes
Chapter 22

Yeah, I think the main reason page 89 worked for me was because I kept wondering what was up with that title.

5 Likes
Chapter 22

This was a fun chapter.
I spent the whole thing wondering how the chapter title was relevant :grin:

6 Likes

I didn’t “notice” until page 89 because I don’t really pay attention or notice small details, but it was in the title after all. So as soon as I saw page 89 I understood and skimmed the chapter again.

8 Likes

Now I need to reread it.

4 Likes
Week 6 October 21 2023
Pages 91-112
Chapter 23
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m skipping this book
0 voters
7 Likes
Chapter 23

The previous chapter has made me so suspicious of the play with words, so I had my eyes open this time… The chapter is called シグナル, the brother is called シグ, and the sister ナル… :thinking:

10 Likes
Chapter 23

Me too! I thought for sure there’d be something weird going on because of the siblings’ names (I even thought that maybe the letters were misplaced messages for Shi-san or something). I was so surprised at the unexpected happy ending where the brother is actually still alive!

7 Likes
Week 7 October 28 2023
Pages 113-157
Chapter 24
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m skipping this book
0 voters

This is a really long chapter (37 pages with text!) for just one week, but don’t worry if you can’t quite keep up: The week after will be just 4 pages of text to balance things out!

9 Likes

Took a while for me to get back on it, but just read chapter 19

ch19

I really liked this one, bunch of plot twists, and poor Monjiro, he’ll probably be eaten soon. I was kind of hoping she was telling the truth, I fell for those crocodile tears.

5 Likes
Chapter 24

Maybe one of my favorite chapters!
I have to admit that during the previous chapter I didn’t connect C3 with しーさん oops. I wonder how many more things I have missed :x

8 Likes