セーラー服と機関銃🏫🌺 (IBC) - Week 4

At least on the kindle, I find it helpful to look up a break point in advance using the text search function. Then I highlight them - so I know where they are. (On the computer/OS version of the kindle app you can use different colour highlights for different things, which is super handy).
I also use bookmarks on the kindle to mark the last place that I have got to (though it gets a bit confusing if I forget to remove old bookmarks (which I usually do), and am re-reading the week’s aliquot).

2 Likes

I’m using ttsu which doesn’t have marking functionality unfortunately.

In any case, I’m sure that in the next batch of break points it will be possible to make them line up more with subsections of the book. (I think when I first created them I didn’t realise that there were sub-sections in chapters). We’ll probably have a new poll next week about whether to increase the pace a little.

1 Like

Incidentally, if we’re OK with raising week 7 from 15 to 16.5 pages, the end of chapter 2 section 1 is on page 113.

3 Likes

thanks - we should definitely do that I think.
I’ll poll in the coming week, to see how people have found the extra pages.
My suggestion is that we go up from around 15 pages to around 18 pages a week (plus/minus a page or so to fit with sections)

2 Likes

Totally fine with me. For the last couple of weeks, I always read till the end of the next section anyway, because this whole “searching for the end sentence and stopping in the middle of a paragraph” thing wasn’t working for me.

6 Likes

I’m also ok with increasing the number of pages a week - I find it easier too to read to the end of the current section, like others. Plus, personally, the reading has been going well for me and I’m really enjoying the book, so I always feel surprised to reach the end point for the week so fast.

9 Likes