シャドーハウス Reading Club

As the end of volume 2 is upon us, when do we want to start volume 3?

• October 22 (no delay)
  • October 29 (one week delay)
  • Other (specific in a comment below)

0 voters

This volume got a bit wordier than the first volume. How is everyone holding up?

• I’m keeping pace each week.
  • I’m falling behind occasionally but mostly keeping pace.
  • I’m falling behind a lot!

0 voters

Edit: I accidentally made these anonymous, so you can feel safe picking whatever =D

5 Likes

I mean. I’m keeping pace each week now after catching up, but did read a good chunk of the volume in one sitting. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

So many people are still reading, but so few people are commenting! Is this typical of recent spinoff book clubs? (I haven’t joined in spinoff club since Aria!)

3 Likes

There’s not much commenting in the Spy Family offshoot, but I think only about 5 readers! When it comes to シャドーハウス, I read ahead so haven’t been commenting so much. But the club will catch me shortly as I decided to wait.

When the club starts volume 3, I’ll actually re-read the first bit as it’s been a while.

6 Likes

I’m up to volume 10, so I definitely won’t be leading any conversations about a chapter. I reread or skimmed some chapters when people had questions/comments, but I’m not planning to reread the whole series or anything like that.

5 Likes

In my experience, it does seem to be typical, although it varies based on who’s reading along and what (if) they post.

I keep going between “just barely caught up” and “only one chapter behind” as I do my no-furigana reading outside of Migaku Reader, so it easily ends up out-of-sight, out-of-mind when I pull up Migaku Reader to get some reading in.

6 Likes

Volume three’s thread is now available:

3 Likes

Did they remove it? :thinking:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/living-in-japan-and-wanikani/59002/22?u=kazzeon

2 Likes

The three-replies-in-a-row limit doesn’t apply to the topic starter. If it did, a lot of study logs would be in trouble :wink:

4 Likes

Aaaah, that must be it, then.

I do have some topics to my name.

2 Likes

I am not sure of the actual limitation, but 3 replies over several days probably isn’t a problem, but rather like 3 replies within hour. Perhaps the real limit is 3 replies in 24 hour?

I haven’t tested myself of 3 replies over several days where I am not OP, though.

lol yeah

2 Likes

I’d read ahead while the original book club was going but because of work I haven’t made a start on volume 3 - which I will pick up today so I can finally read along with you guys!

7 Likes

Due to university starting a few weeks ago I haven’t really been able to keep up (just now starting chapters 23 and 24 of vol. 2) but I’ll definitely be joining the third volume as soon as I can! I’ve certainly been enjoying the series even though I haven’t been able to be very active here either

And once again, many thanks to @ChristopherFritz for running the club!

8 Likes

Sorry if I’ve missed it, but when are we starting volume 4?

6 Likes

Ah, that reminds me, I forgot to post about it. Considering we’ve been rolling right from one volume to the next without breaks, I figured I’d do the volume 4 post on Thursday (my time), then the “start reading this week” post on Friday (usual time).

For some reason, I keep thinking today’s Tuesday when it’s actually Thursday, so I’m a bit off schedule… Looks like I’ll be getting that post up in the next hour or so!

7 Likes

Volume 4’s thread is live!

6 Likes

now I really am 1 whole vol behind!!! haha

3 Likes

Due to life being busy, I managed to stop at the end of volume 3 again to wait for the club. (Ok so I may have read the first 5 pages or so of volume 4.)

Being behind with everything else meant I stopped there. And I’ve now got about 5 other clubs to catch up to before I let myself read ahead again. Probably.

5 Likes

The beginner book club is currently holding a poll on what we will read next! Head over there if you are interested and haven’t done so

@ChristopherFritz It took me far to long to recognize you with your new profile picture :santa:

4 Likes

It’s my first time with an avatar image here that isn’t my Mii =D

5 Likes