アオのハコ (Blue Box) Volume 2

Welcome to the アオのハコ (Blue Box) Book Club Volume 2 discussion thread! You can find the home thread here . Feel free to discuss chapters, ask questions, and share resources on the volume here.

aonohako2`

Schedule:

Week Start Date Chapter # of Pages
Week 1 June 24 8 20
Week 2 July 1 9 20
Week 3 July 8 10 20
Week 4 July 15 11 20
Week 5 July 22 12 20
Week 6 July 29 13 24
Week 7 August 5 14 20
Week 8 August 12 15 20
Week 9 August 20 16 21

Polls:

Are you reading with us?
  • Yes, I’m on this volume
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the series, but I haven’t reached this volume yet
  • I am no longer reading this series

0 voters

If you’ve already read this book but are still going to join the discussion, please select “I have finished this part.”

4 Likes
Reading Pace
  • Slower! (discuss)
  • Just right (1 chapter per week)
  • Faster! (2 chapters per week)

0 voters

How is the pace of the reading for people? Since this started as a BBC nomination, the pace of ~20 pages per week seemed to be about right for most people, but is there any interest in changing the speed now that we are through the first volume?

4 Likes
Story comments

Taiki’s getting put through the ringer from the start of this volume :joy:

5 Likes

Discourse poll options seem to be kind of bugged out right now and only showing 1 option selected by each person, even in multiple response polls. But, when I checked yesterday there was a slight preference for keeping the 1 chapter a week pace, and no one had voted to try to slow down the reading further.

Instead of re-running the poll (which does seem to fix things, as the ABBC book voting is currently planning to do/ doing this), keeping the 1 ch/week pace is probably the best option. Since, as @ChristopherFritz mentioned, best to give people who would prefer to go a bit slower the time to do so!

4 Likes

favorite panel of the week

Definitely off to a strong start with this volume :laughing: love our weird lil バドバカ

5 Likes

Finally had time to read chapter 8.

chapter 8 thoughts

At first I really thought that Haryuu(?)-senpai is just an a$& :joy: turns out he is not that bad.
I guess for Taiki it’s good that he was paired with him.
If I understood previous chapters correctly, Haryuu-senpai seems to be one of the best badminton players there. And I guess he can only learn from him :smiley:

And I am happy that the misunderstanding of him also being interested in Chinasu-senpai is finally resolved. I wasn’t sure whether he really was introduced as a love rival. But I guess he contributed enough to the turmoil inside of Taiki anyways :sweat_smile:

4 Likes
Chapter 8 spoilers

Spoilers for the one shot/chapter 0 in case anyone wants to read that (even though it’s not canon):

Actually in the one shot (basically the pilot), Haryuu was made to be a rival who was dating Chinatsu (If I remember correctly). I read that first so I was expecting the manga to go in the same direction, but I’m so glad they changed it.

5 Likes

Chapter 9 this week! Will Taiki’s training hell continue? :badminton:

Are you reading with us this week?
  • Yes I’m reading this section!
  • I’ve already finished this part!
  • I will catch up later!
  • I wont be reading (anymore)

0 voters

3 Likes
story comments

the boy brain :tm: has been activated

earlier in the chapter we also got a lot of 眩しい, which quickly became one of my favorite words after hearing it so often in the skip and loafer op last season

TVアニメ「スキップとローファー」ノンクレジットオープニング映像│須田景凪「メロウ」 - YouTube

5 Likes

Chapter 10 for this week! Into the double digits!

• I will catch up later!
0 voters
4 Likes
百会

All the headpats I have seen in anime and manga until now have gained a new meaning :joy:
Some information about this acupuncture point: https://www.meso.it/old.tcmwiki.com/wiki/%E7%99%BE%E4%BC%9A.html.

4 Likes

Chapter 11 for this week! It’s finally game time

• I will catch up later!
0 voters
5 Likes
Story comments

I’m glad Hariyuu mentioned he would ask Chinatsu if it was okay to give the guy from the other school her number rather than just doing it. To do otherwise would be really messed up.

It does make it feel like the stakes are not really there for Taiki’s match though. I feel like there’s no way she would agree to let some dude from another school she doesn’t know have her number. That seems like someone nobody in their right mind would do!

4 Likes

This week is chapter 12! More than halfway through the volume already, somehow. We got robbed of much actual sports action last week, but this week it’s time for the singles bracket! The stakes are high, as long as Chinatsu consents, of course

• I will catch up later!
0 voters
5 Likes
Story comments

Wow, the best friend is also best wingman! But I wonder how things will go between Chinatsu and Taiki in the story. It would feel kind of weird for things to get romantic between them while they’re living together. Maybe there will be some sparks while they live together, but things won’t advance until they are living apart again.

6 Likes
Chapter 12 Comments

Everyone needs a Kyou in their life. At least, I certainly do :sob:

5 Likes

:flushed:

Chapter 13 for this week!

• I will catch up later!
0 voters
6 Likes
ch13 story comments

she is a blessing upon this earth

5 Likes
Chapter 13 Comments

Hina in this chapter, my heart :sob:. I’ve probably said it before, but I love Chinatsu and Hina equally as much. Several months ago there was a gatchapon event and I’m still so mad I didn’t get a single Hina thing. I got literally everything else aside from any of the 3 Hina things.

The panel where she is reacting to the prospective date is the cutest (I have the physical manga so I can’t be bothered to take a picture of it).

5 Likes

Forgot how time works :melting_face:
Chapter 14 for this week!

• I will catch up later!
0 voters
5 Likes