よつばと! Volume 15 (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

Reading time! :open_book: :paintbrush:

Next year 小学校! 0:<

:rofl:

I’ve always liked visiting art stores.
I used to draw, and I sometimes needed materials for some random school project.
Looking at the panels, it’s like :relaxed:.

Lol at Dad’s reaction to Yotsuba’s おねがい. :joy:

Ah, so it was Fuuka… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Aw, she’s so happy! :blush:

:rice_ball:

5 Likes

Fixed it for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wow, I need to stop not doing lessons, or else I’ll forget about かくえきていしゃ become it comes up!

1 Like

So, I answered this question for myself during the live reading session: yes.

It says ⠐⠮⠴⠐⠞ - the trick is (which threw me for a bit) that modifiers like dakuten and such come before the characters they modify, so what it says is ◌゙ ホン◌゙ ト, or in other words, ボンド.

(I also learnt that there’s a glide modifier which essentially means “insert a Y sound between the consonant and vowel sounds of the next kana” rather than “make a small y-line kana”. Which is to say, ⠈⠡ = -y- + ka = kya. You can combine modifiers too: ⠘ = ⠐+⠈ = dakuten+glide, so ⠘⠡ = gya.)

5 Likes

Yo, @DeepDream! I see you. :eyes:

Oh no I’ve been found out!

Even though I managed to hide and lurk so well the past few threads…

Anyways, Hi! I haven’t really been very talkative since the last time I’ve showed up in the live reading thread where I asked if I could join everyone, but I’ve been following the discussions in the reading club ever since I started taking my japanese studies more seriously almost 2 years ago, when I started reading the first chapters of Yotsubato and following the wanikani threads along. Seeing everyone discussing the grammar and other silly things have always been fun, and I’ll try to join you all here soon if I manage to find some free time.

Untill then, just know that I’m always here…always watching you :slight_smile:

By the way, I think I went off topic, but don’t mind me

5 Likes

Chapter 103

Books and haircuts. These things go together more than you know.

Participation

• I’m reading along!
  • I already read this chapter in advance.
  • I plan to read this chapter in the future.
  • I’ll read after I finish painting the pages.

0 voters

3 Likes

Pages T-3, T-2, Yotsuba seems to be drawn kinda blurry in some panels. Is that some kind of weird experiment with “focus”, or is Yotsuba vibrating?

Page T+1, I honestly can’t tell the difference with Yotsuba’s hair. I mean, I wasn’t expecting a significant change, but I can’t see any difference at all.

Page T+6, I’d be disappointed if I bit into a bread roll and found it hollow inside too, even if I wasn’t expecting cream.

3 Likes

It looks the same on the ComicWalker copy of this chapter, so it must be a try at focus. I did also notice Yotsuba seemed to have a variety of new poses, angles, and expressions this chapter. (Or, rather, in this volume as a whole so far.)

For those who wanted to see Yotsuba get her money's worth out of that haircut.

Screenshot_20210612_083511

3 Likes

When your life’s greatest achievement is making a book out of paper :rofl:

Also, second to last chapter already??? It’s gone so fast D:

3 Likes

Well now she’s Futsuba.

Or Chiyo-chan…

5 Likes

Chapter 104

Does this vending machine serve Milo?

Participation

• I’m reading along!
  • I already read this chapter in advance.
  • I plan to read this chapter in the future.
  • If I don’t read it, the volume will never end.

0 voters

(With this post, it looks like the hidden Yotsuba in the first post is complete.)

2 Likes

What? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like you haven’t found the hidden Yotsuba in the first post :wink:

It feels weird to be making comments on this chapter when we’re going to be doing the live reading in about an hour. But yeah, another volume where the last few pages makes it feel like it could be the end…

I was wondering the same.

Ah, I found it now. Acrostically. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m even more confused…

How is there even a YouTube video on such a thing???

You can’t find the hidden Yotsuba if you’re using a tablet or smartphone. A desktop computer or laptop is required. (But it’s also not worth searching for!)

Hint: It’s something that would be “incomplete” until today’s edit completed it. What was added to the first post today?

1 Like

.-.

:joy:

Oh my God! Don’t make me cry. :sob:

Hnng… :cry:

It just ends like that! :weary:

5 Likes

I found it! :relaxed:

2 Likes

I know, right?

I was just doing an image search for 販売機 ミロ, but most of the results that actually contained milo didn’t seem to be Japanese. Then that thumbnail came up.

1 Like