陣 as vocabulary / noun

Ok, new forum , different , don’t even know if this is now the appropriate thread. So confusing, anyway

Vocab meaning - army base / army camp
But the example given is totally unrelated to the given meaning

コウイチ大統領は、報道陣と会見をする予定でしたが、食中毒にかかってしまったため中止となりました。

Which is used as a suffix to describe a group; group of reporters / press corps, instead of the given “army base” meaning.

And looking at the dictionary

I can just fix it with the synonym option.
Not the only time this has happened , as many of you fellow users may have noticed by now, but this one is way off, so I thought I might raise some discussions about it.

Ah, you noticed that too?

I’m okay with ignoring the suffix definition, on the basis that WaniKani would display it as ~陣, and thus it’s not included… But like you show, there are still other significant meanings, and the context sentence did throw me for a loop. This is a case where I’m not sure how much WaniKani, Jisho.org, and the Tatoeba sentences are relevant.

I’m still confused by the term and would like to see it in real-world use.

Edit: The goo 辞書 concurs with Jisho.org: 陣(じん)の意味 - goo国語辞書. Battle formation is first.

Please email these kinds of errors in to hello@wanikani.com - that way we can fix them.

Thanks Anaxite! Yea I’m not sure myself. I’m wondering if any users who has read war themed manga/novel could give some hints

Kirsten: Sure, though I find most of the time I email them, they remain to firm in their decision, because they probably do know better. (not disagreeing that they do). Hence, i brought it up to discussion to explore thoughts.