涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

Actually, thinking about what it means to be intermediate (i.e. roughly N3), I realized that I would never have been to manage Haruhi when I was that level, slow or not. :thinking:
So, yeah, I agree it’s pretty intimidating… all the more rewarding once you finish it!

Wow, that sounds stressful! Good luck!

That’s one of the reasons I thought about it :stuck_out_tongue:

For now, I think we can just keep going as usual, though. I don’t mind reading multiple books at the same time, so I’m fine with reading Haruhi in parallel with the next book as well.

1 Like

I’m just starting this now; a little late to the game here. Unclear if it makes sense for me to try to catch up, or just skip to where the group is now…

Welcome! :slight_smile:

I guess this depends on the reading speed you’re comfortable with and whether or not you’re familiar with the series / comfortable with potentially missing out on some information.

Fair warning, half of the people reading are disappointed with how certain things are handled in book, while the other half are enthusiastic series fans. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll see how much I can bust through in a few hours, and figure out what makes sense from there.

I can imagine that might be the case…

1 Like

Feel free to ask questions in any of the threads.

3 Likes

New thread is up. I haven’t read it yet, but the last sentence (according to the schedule) doesn’t sound too promising. Brace yourself.

4 Likes

So, things happened and I find myself in a situation where I won’t have access to a computer from Thursday until Monday evening. I see three possible options:

• I put the thread up on Wednesday
  • I put the thread up on Tuesday next week
  • Someone else puts up the thread on time (only chose this if you are willing to do it yourself)

0 voters

Sorry for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

Please don’t apologize. Thank you so much for putting up all the threads thus far.

9 Likes

Well, I’m running late, so tonight isn’t happening.
@Ditto20, if it isn’t too much trouble, よろしくお願い致します。
Otherwise, I’ll put up the thread on Tuesday.

@LucasDesu thank you for your kind words. It does make me feel better about the situation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Alright, I guess you won’t actually see this until afterwards anyway, but I’ll put it up at the normal time then!

9 Likes

助かりました :bowing_woman:
I will still be able to come to the forum a few minutes here and there, but that wouldn’t be enough to make the thread (plus, editing those on a phone is painful, been there done that).
Anyway, thanks again!

3 Likes

And it’s here! Hopefully I didn’t mess anything up too badly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot!
Somehow, the link from week 10 doesn’t work for me though :thinking:

1 Like

It worked for me when I posted it, but now it doesn’t anymore :thinking:

Well, if there’s anything wrong with the link I’ll fix it later :slight_smile:

Edit: And now it suddenly works again somehow? :woman_shrugging:

…it seems to work when opening in a new tab but not otherwise(for me, at least). That’s weird.

That’s exactly it, I noticed that started happening (or maybe that has always been the case?) a few weeks ago.

1 Like

You had an extra slash in there if you didn’t notice.

4 Likes

The new week is here!

@Ditto20 can you add Week 12 as the next thread? :smile:

1 Like

:+1: I can’t do it right now, but I’ll do it

1 Like

Well, the new thread is here:

For those who are behind on the schedule, this conversation just happened:

So, yeah, is there anything that could help?

2 Likes

I already decided to cut my speed in half around where the Discord reading group started falling apart, but accidentally amputated both halves…

2 Likes