時をかける少女 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

You didn’t want to prelearn all 12 words you didn’t know?

12 Likes

If I remember correctly, a third of the book’s words are ぼんやり :smile:!

2 Likes

I’m afraid it might spoil the plot!

10 Likes

yeah, never seen that word being used that often, almost every page. but it’s cool, makes reading super easy :slight_smile: you got all the vocab you need after 3 pages, hehe.

1 Like

Yes, I’m worried about that too…

Don’t you have the same problem when you learn words right before getting to a point in the book, like you were doing with other books?

1 Like

I never do that, actually :thinking: I add them as I read.
You may be thinking about the fact that I read quite a lot in one sitting, so that I get more than one day’s worth of lessons?

2 Likes

2 days of reading and i’m at 74%. this will be a short run, not much vocab to be picked up either (i guess most will be covered by wk at some point). great practice and fun story :slight_smile:
the book seems to deviate from the anime, from what i’ve read about the latter.

Am I the only one waiting until the 24th to start reading? :wink:

4 Likes

They’re not actually intended to be exactly the same story, as I understand it. I believe (very mild spoiler?) that the protagonist of the book is the aunt of the protagonist in the anime. In some ways that makes it kind of sillier because the stories are still so similar :grin:

@QuackingShoe nah, I’m waiting!

6 Likes

i see, that makes a lot of sense. thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you add words right after you encounter them?

3 Likes

More like, the anime deviates from the book. The book was first published in its entriety in 1967, after all.

They share elements, sure. I’m not completely sure I’d call them similar to a silly extent, though.

1 Like

Nope, I’m waiting too. Want to challenge myself to actually stick to a schedule rather than doing too much and burning out or too little after and feel bored.

2 Likes

Will there be a vocab sheet for this (for anyone who wants to use it)?

If so will anyone be adding to it?

Sorry if this was addressed somewhere else already.

Yeah it’s available in the OP ^^

1 Like

Ah, I thought they were pretty much the same, apart from the details and how it ends (or at least the implication of the ending). But I haven’t read the book yet, so… :grin:

2 Likes

opposite of me then, i didn’t watch the anime yet :slight_smile: which is actually nice, then it’s not a repetition.

1 Like

No, I haven’t finished the current bookclub book yet :joy:

2 Likes

I’m probably going to start a day early, but only because I took the day off from work. Might as well make good use of the time!

WHAT

I never noticed this, I just thought the book and movie characters were all different.

My mind is blown.

By the way, I don’t think I’m going to participate in the book club because I’ve already read the book, but since I have a copy I guess it doesn’t hurt to help you guys when needed. よろしくおねがいします!

5 Likes