時をかける少女 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

Basically what KeitoNee said, you need to change the region in the Kindle options (by entering a valid Japanese address) for it to let you buy the ebook version (see the guide I linked you in my previous post and find the part about changing the region; although the screens there are from the Japanese version of the site you should be able to find it even easier in English :wink:).
Otherwise it will tell you that ebook is not available in your region and you won’t be able to add it to your cart.

yeah, I did it!! I manage to buy it!
but now it says I need to buy a kindle… how do I send it to my kindle?
why can’t the USA amazon and the Japanese one just get alonge?

Unfortunately you can’t use amazon.jp and other amazon library (the USA or UK one) at the same time on your Kindle. If you want to read books you bought on amazon.jp you need to log in on your device with your Japanese account (that or get another Kindle for Japanese library :rofl:)

I successed! I downloaded the kindle app to my smartphone, I’ll read the book there!
Thanks for the help guys

2 Likes

Alright, I have my copy! Fresh from the bookstore :grin:

6 Likes

Which version? goes to look at member vote

Also, how’s Floflo going?

With the book there is a campaing of 10 year of a book company with prize. Am I the only one that got that.

It’s called the ごうかペレセントキャンペーン

Kinokuniya was out. I’m gonna have to order it…

I’ll be about level 15 by 24 Nov. I hope it’s not too difficult for me.

The Tsubasa Bunko one :+1:

I’m not flofloing this one yet - saving it till I get back. Have you started?

@Belthazar I swear it wasn’t me - there was one more copy left when I bought mine!

2 Likes

Nope, still too busy. I’m hoping I have enough free time to get at least a 2 weeks head start.

At 10 new items a day, I estimate that I need a week to do frequency 5+. Then another week to do frequency 4. Then another week to do frequency 3. And that’s all I want to completely prelearn anyway. I’d like to still learn frequency 2, but while we’re reading.

My copy arrived today. I hope lots of people participate because from a casual glance I think I’m going to need help getting through this. I’d like to have the luxury of pre-srs common words but at the moment its a struggle get enough JLPT study time.

4 Likes

I’m planning to participate and I should (?) be fine reading through it, so I’ll try to help out, but we’ll see.

3 Likes

Yay my book arrived! Had to wait a bit cuz Kinokuniya Australia had to get it from elsewhere.
Any tips for preparing for reading it? I’m currently studying for the N4 and I’ll be around level 30 or 31 when it’s time to start reading.

1 Like

You could check on floflo which words appear very often in the book (ie more than 5 or 10 times) and learn those :thinking:

3 Likes

Hello everyone! This will be my first Japanese book club book and my 2nd Japanese book ever. (I recently just started キノの旅)

Looking forward to reading with you all. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got a digital copy of the book to see what it was like on my new kindle. But I can’t get the 英語・日本語 dictionary to work at all. No definitions ever show up. The 日本語・日本語 dictionary mostly works, except that it can’t detect conjugations. Plus, I’m not at the level that I could use a native Japanese dictionary efficiently while reading. So unless someone (@Raionus?) knows how to get that working better, I might just go right back to the physical copy without even trying it properly.

On a somewhat related not, being logged into my Amazon.co.jp account is pretty annoying because I don’t have access to my apps from the Amazon.com store. Some of them work after redownloading them from the Amazon.co.jp store, but others do not. Region restrictions are the worst.

/rant

3 Likes

I need technology to improve to the point where I can use Rikaikun via my reading glasses when reading physical books.

8 Likes

It’s been a while but I think you need to select a dictionary first.

This is kindle for PC. Kindle kindle probably looks a little bit different but yeah. Select a word and you should get some kind of pop up. If you click the gear it’ll let you pick a dictionary.

The last one (Progressive Japanese-English…) is what I use for J > E definitions.

Yeah, it can’t. I mostly use it for nouns or for unconjugated adjectives. Verbs are usually a no-go.