新 Monthly Progress Challenge

(I’m one day too early but I’ll be very busy tomorrow so here we go)

#PROGRESS POST #3: June 2017

#:crabigator: WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 30

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 31 (need to focus on other things more)

#:crabigator: GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:

○ Level: Made it to 30 no problem
○ Speaking: I was able to find a native Japanese speaker who helped me gain a lot of confidence in speaking.
○ Grammar book: I bought GenkiⅠ and completed the first few chapters. I like it.
× N5 Vocab on DelvinLanguage: I don’t like this website. I ended up skipping a lot of words to finally be done with it. Not a success.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL(s):

• Somehow learn a bunch of vocabulary. I will probably be using Anki and/or Memrise. I will see how much I can learn within one month and then set the next month’s goals accordingly.
  • Practice listening every day using FujiTV and maybe other resources.
  • Practice reading every day using NHK Easy (with Furigana disabled) or more challenging resources
  • Progress at least one chapter of Genki per week.

#:crabigator: RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: Anki; FujiTV; Memrise; NHK Easy; WaniKani

• FAVE: FujiTV, but probably least useful
  • LEAST FAVE: 無

TRY NEW RESOURCE: Honestly haven’t touched Memrise in a while, but it probably doesn’t count as a “new resource”

#:crabigator: JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Vocabulary

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: I need to try different Anki decks and Memrise courses to see what helps me, then see if I’m making progress by listening and reading.
#:crabigator: HELPING OTHERS
TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Speaking is the most important aspect of fluency (at least for most learners). Practice speaking as early and as much as possible. Don’t be me.

1 Like