#PROGRESS POST #: 6

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 23

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 26

#GOALS

LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:

• Regular pace with WK and Anki (vocab / sentence mining) :white_check_mark:
  • Graded Readers Level 2 (completed) :white_check_mark:
  • Adding more audio to my playlist of passive immersion ( 3 more shows there) :white_check_mark:
  • Writing Kanjis with 90% accuracy until reaching my current WK level :x:
    I’ve reached only up to my level 11 kanjis this weekend. But good thing is that I’ve started to do writing practice while doing new lessons (only for kanji lessons not vocab):man_shrugging:
  • Consistently reading 1-2 lesson / week from Japanese the Manga Way :white_check_mark:

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• Reading at least 2 of the 3 volumes from Graded Readers Level 3 (10 stories)
  • Getting with 90% accuracy to my level 18 kanjis at least :muscle::muscle:
  • Keeping 1-2 chapters weekly in Japanese the Manga Way.

Extra Goal: Buying my tickets to Japan and start planning my trip for September 2018 :star_struck:

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES:

• WK for kanji
  • Anki with this Subs2SRS / Morphman routine for vocab and context sentence mining
  • Graded Readers Level 3 (starting)
  • Kanji Study App (for writing and easing indentification of kanjis)
  • Netflix for immersion (no eng. subs allowed :nerd_face:) and MP3 player for passive immersion.
  • Grammar
  1. Japanese the Manga Way as cover to cover reading.

2. References: The Dictionary of Basic/Intermediate Japanese Grammar, and my favorite one: A Handbook of Japanese Grammar Patterns for Teachers and Learners.

3. Extra: Cure Dolly’s videos and messaging (on Patreon) for doubts

FAVE:
This month the prize goes for:… Reading!! :nerd_face:
Both Graded readers and sentence mining are the only things that put everything under test, and the sense of accomplishment comes in quickly.

TRY NEW RESOURCE:
As I’m convinced that immersion (netflix and audio) it’s necessary, but honestly the benefit for that time could be much more, I’ve gotten my hands into やさしい日本語の聴解トレーニング. A very recommended book that train you for recognizing those key words that put japanese sentences into sense. Did the first chapter already (ageru kureru morau) and I will report after a couple more chapters.

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: The activity that has kept me motivated the whole way (10 months now) and most likely will bring more and more satisfactions and self accomplishment is READING. Even if you have a limited vocab (300-500 words) and are starting WK, get yourself some Graded readers and start already. It has been the anti-burning method of choice for me. :relieved:

2 Likes