新 Monthly Progress Challenge

#PROGRESS POST #: 3

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 12

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 15

#GOALS

LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:

• done with Genki I . Finally Takeshi and Mary are long gone … hate those guys…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• I was able to keep with WK very well.

• Bunpro, not so much, but I feel I should.

• KW I just didn’t continue; I checked the “review only burnt items” , and all went better :sweat_smile: . I didn’t enjoy it and I think right now wasn’t really cementing much, since it was a pain to go with all different ways to say the same word, to only after a couple of times of actually seeing it used in a sentence, be able to know how and when it’s used.

• Shadowing: I finish the first chapter of the book Shadowing: Lets speak japanese! and I found it great. Besides the actual speed of the dialogue it’s much faster than the typical textbook audio. Still very basic, considering it’s the volume I and the first chapter, but the actual dialogues are a mix of formal and informal; and they feel quite real and well thought to increase dificulty gradually, without burning. Shadowing can end up beeing very tiresome as well.

• My Anki routine it’s now my favourite activity. Subs2SRS decks treated with the Morphman plugin to give me “+1” sentences and now “+0” sentences (all known words, so I review known vocab in context) it’s proven to be very satisfying. I feel really motivated to find an unknown vocab word, make a card and then see and review whatever sentence in my shows contains that word and HOW it’s used.

• Besides, after some terrific blogger’s advice I’m enjoying Anki as an application much more

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• Keep up with Bunpro, since most of my reviews are sentences, there’re lots of particles that I don’t see often if I’m not reviewing them somewhere, so should keep up with the grammar I have listed now.

• Pull another unit from the Shadowing book, while slowly making a deck with audio of the last unit. So I keep practicing the reviewed material 'till those phrases come out of my mouth effortlessly.

• I will continue my Subs2SRS routine, I’ve come with a new show I like (Usagi Drop), and has everyday vocab, so I like it even better. So far I’ve made decks from the first episodes, and the sentences are already comming out in my reviews.

• I bought the book Common Japanese Collocations. And while I was very into making a deck with all those collocations, I found someone already did this and shared the spreadsheet to import into Anki, so I will see if I can make Morphman look for the actual collocations that are in my level and I’ll start practicing with those (if I’m able to find sentences in my Subs2SRS decks containing those would be great!!)

#RESOURCES

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES:

• Anki Vocab deck based on Core10k, Subs2SRS sentences deck (mostly from the shows Dad of Ligth and now Usagi Drop) with the Morphman add-on doing it’s magic.

• Shadowing: Let speak Japanese! Vol.I

• Graded Readers: Level 1 (I still love these stories) and are right there in my confort zone.

• Bunpro, I haven’t been to consistent with my reviews, but will put them into my routine again.

• WK, now it feels… How should I put it?.. easy. After all the reviewing and context sentences, my vocab in WK and the kanji reviews are comming out like a breeze. No pain in doing my daily WK routine whatsoever.

• Common Japanese Collocations. A nice book that apparently can really make the connection between vocab and real dialogues by way of teaching the common collocations. Will see how to put it to my service during this month.

FAVE: Anki with Subs2SRS + MorphMan hands down, my favorite method of learning these days.

TRY NEW RESOURCE: Japanese Common Collocations will be my monthly addition, will report about it next month

#JAPANESE ABILITY

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Still , speaking. But basic (ultra basic) sentences are emerging from my mouth as I repeat them over and over in my Shadowing practice… Found a japanese bookstore in town… will go there to practice a few lines these days.:sweat_smile:

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE:
Continue with what I’m doing for now, since I see progress and keeps me motivated.

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Make your japanese studies adjusted to your motivation. That can be as basic a make your own decks, dissect the show you watch, basically use the material you consume to learn, since it will make you want to come back for some more the next day!

2 Likes