文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

Like this. It’s not my username and I’m not sure what it took it from.

1 Like

oh ya is see what your saying ya mine is also on the old name still… sorry I couldn’t assist

1 Like

@Ataso We apologize for the late reply! We believe that we have pushed a fix for the locking up and for the sentence not displaying correctly right away. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Echokami Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a lifetime member! We believe that @seanblue has already answered your question, but if you have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to ask. Cheers!

@seanblue Thank you for all of your suggestions and feedback! We have fixed the jumping around of the input and the delay when pressing the ‘f’ key/show grammar info. We are still working on the Finalize button. We tried a number of different styles on the input box, including borders with differing transparencies, but we believe that all black still looks the best. We will continue to play with the input box as well as the submit button arrows until we find something that works across all platforms. @BobaGakusei Right now we have a little note pen mark on the grammar tile that has a note, but we are working on compiling all notes into one place so that you can quickly find what you are looking for. If an item has a note, the note pen will not display a plus sign next to it, so if you are viewing an item in Reviews or under Lessons, you should be able to identify if an item has a note associated with it. We will continue to play around with some different options while taking your suggestions into account! Back @seanblue, we assure you that all sentences on Bunpro are original and written in house. The fact that two sentences, asking a very common question (“Would you like/Do you want coffee or tea?”), are similar to what another site has written is not surprising. The reason that we have some information under the meaning with a :point_right: mark was because we wanted to list things that need special attention in a different location from Structure so that there was less of a chance of it being overlooked. We still have not gotten a chance to go back through all of the Tae Kim links to get them updated, but it is on our list of things to get done soon! Thank you for drawing our attention to the “show upcoming grammar” section and grammar listed as “grammar still being studied” we will get those sorted out as soon as we can. Thank you also for letting us know about another use of か that we should add to Bunpro! Thank you for your feedback!

@Franken Thank you so very much for becoming a lifetime member and for your kind words! We are delighted to hear that Bunpro is helping you with your Japanese studies and we will do everything in our power to make the site the best it can possibly be for you. We are still playing with the font size so that text/furigana are legible no matter the device you use. Thank you for your patience as we iron out the kinks! Cheers!

@conan and @tmahrt Thank you for the information that you provided. It allowed us to more quickly pinpoint the negative review counter issue. Cheers!

@vargsvans Thank you for your question and thank you @Leebo for your excellent response! Please let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

6 Likes

I just took a look and I don’t think removing the plus sign is enough of a distinction. Perhaps change the color of the pen if it has a note, like making it red.

4 Likes

@pushindawood Is there any update on N3 getting the full set of sentences? Is there any reason you can’t release them one lesson group at a time if all of N3 isn’t ready?

2 Likes

@pushindawood Did you have any comment on this? 文プロ(Bunpro) : Update 6/13 - New N1 Grammar - Japanese Grammar SRS Study Site - #1940 by Dwarsen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying! It seemed to work for a bit, the review counter, but I’ve encountered the negative error again today. :frowning:

1 Like

For now.
There is so much change to the way Bunpro works, that we decided to go that way for now. That will change once the feature set und behavior is more concrete :wink:

The App concentrates on “appy” things like notifications and stuff, features that are not easily done by a website.

2 Likes

@pushindawood You might want to consider not showing every alternative you accept during reviews. For example, if you accept している, it’s important to accept してる. But you don’t necessarily have to show that after answering the review (when you press a to cycle through alternate answers). I’ve seen similar cases where you say an alternative is adding です at the end. Again, accepting です in such cases is important, but it’s not necessary to show it as an alternative, especially in later grammar points.

2 Likes

It seems Bunpro is “offline for maintenance” with a default Heroku error page… Is there any news?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s pulling it from your “Gravatar” thingy you had to make to get an avatar on Wanikani. Edit THAT profile and you should be able to change it.

1 Like

@pushindawood
sorry if this is in the thread somewhere already BUT…
SUGGESTION:
Lifetime subscriber here, LOVING the site. One thing that would make it the best, is after you get a review right/ miss – hook up the audio so we can listen to it. That way we can practice shadowing a bit after each question.

I know this won’t work with custom questions, but I really thing it would help integrate all this stuff together.

5 Likes

I think it’s worth considering.

In WaniKani, automatic audio playback is a setting. It works well since the audio clips are quite short, so you can blaze through reviews and hear quick audio clips.

For BunPro, however, the recordings are for entire sentences, and not every sentence has audio recorded for it. The resulting experience might not be so good.

6 Likes

You make a good point, I don’t think auto playback would be good.

Wanikani has a button you press to hear the audio, and for things that don’t have audio clips (like the on’yomi reading for kanji) it just greys it out. I think Bunpro could have something similar. A lot of audio clips are available during lessons, in fact I listen/ try to read them all during study. I noticed that during reviews, it’s using some of the same exact example sentences. I’m not much of a programmer so I don’t know how to say it technically, but isn’t there a way to reference/ point to those audio files that already exist?

3 Likes

@pushindawood I tried to highlight some English text during a review but it would always get unhighlighted right away. Please fix that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The site looks really great, seems exactly what I need to practice some grammar, which is sure a weak point of mine.
So I tried adding some own sentences and I wonder if it is possible to add there Furigana too?

2 Likes

Bunpro was supposed to become subscription based today, right? We’d still have 1 month free to try the full version of the product, if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

You remind me of the kid that makes the teacher remember that there were homework due today.

shhhh, i’ve just finished n5, i still need to finish four more levels, im not ready to hand it over!!

after the lulz… on the site there is an advice saying it’ll require a subscription in a few days

5 Likes

Hahah, my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted to access the whole N2 content to see if there was anything interesting there to study :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not yet subscribed. I’ll do it in the next week or so.

3 Likes

@NicoleIsEnough We apologize for the late reply! Thank you for all of your feedback. We now have the “Next Review” and summary page unglitched and not so in your face. The V stem + かた grammar point is on our list of grammar points to get added and we hope to make it available as soon as we can. Thank you for your suggestion! Unfortunately, the sentence that you briefly see before the “Grabbing your reviews” indicator and the first review sentence in your queue appears is due to cookies leftover from your previous review session. We are working on a workaround for this and hope to have everything looking cleaner in the near future. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@haroldonvu We apologize for taking so long to get back to you! Thank you for your kind words and for becoming a lifetime member! The ability to immediately see streak and SRS information upon answer input is a feature that we are currently working on getting implemented into Bunpro. We currently only have this information available on the Profile page, just click the “Show upcoming grammar” button under the progress bars. We are also working on a stats page that we hope will help you track your progress and motivate you! Please keep the ideas coming! Cheers!

@sanshi Thank you for your feedback! The android alpha is live! Please let us know if you have sent us an email but have not yet received an invite. Cheers!

@jprspereira Thank you for your suggestion! You can take advantage of the one month free trial at any time. Just as you suggested, if you choose to subscribe right away you may do so and your free trial will still be available to you at the end of your subscription period. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Cheers!

2 Likes