文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

So, no grammar reviews toady I suppose :wink:

@pushindawood you’re already working on this?

1 Like

@Atani We apologize for the inconvenience! Everything should be back up and running. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like

That was fast. Everything’s working again, thanks! :blush:

1 Like

Update!

N3 Lesson 10 now has 12 example sentences and 12 review questions! This means that all N3 grammar points are now accompanied by 12 example sentences and 12 review questions that build off of one another to reinforce what you have learned. This also means that you will no longer see sentences repeating in your reviews. You will constantly be presented with new sentences and new contexts to test your grammar knowledge. Cheers!

6 Likes

@pushindawood

Hey, I recently subscribed :high_touch: . Thanks for building the website.

I’m using the site to brush up on N2/3 grammar and was wondering if you could make a feature to mark a grammar point as ‘already known’ or something.

Also it’d be really nice to be able to use the the wasd keys in addition to the arrow keys.

1 Like

@Raionus Thank you for becoming a subscriber and for providing some suggestions! We currently have the ability to mark a grammar point as “known” when viewing grammar point information under the Meaning (below streak) and Readings tabs.

Right now the button only appears after you have added it to your reviews and we do not have a way to bulk mark grammar points. That is something that we would like to change/add in the future.

We will see what we can do about adding the wasd keys in addition to the arrow keys for navigation. We chose the arrow keys because we also use the ‘a’ key for showing/hiding answers in reviews. Thanks again for your feedback! Cheers!

3 Likes

Discovered bunpro on this thread a month ago, and I did the free trial period. I’m nearly done with all N4 lessons. Love it! It really helped me in focusing on my problem areas. Subconsciously learning new vocab as well since I read all the example sentences (heheh thanks for that). Will definitely be subscribing!

1 Like

@dayslaelia Thank you so much for your kind words and interest in becoming a subscriber! Please let us know if you have any suggestions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

Bunpro now has a new look!

Bunpro turns a year old this month and we thought it was about time for a new, modern UI.

Not a fan? You can always change back to your preferred theme in settings.

Let us know what you think!

Cheers!

6 Likes

Looks good, nice and clean, but I prefer dark backgrounds, so I’ve gone back to Classic Dark for the time being. Any chance of a Modern Dark?

4 Likes

I can’t believe BunPro is already a year old.

Thank you so much for creating this wonderful resource!

It truly has inspired me to learn grammar as putting it off for so long. I always love having a “game” aspect to my learning which is why resources like WK and BP really help motivate me. Seeing the number of grammar points I learn slowly go up and up is very satisfying. I used BP as my main method for N4 grammar. Now I’m tackling N3 with both BP and Tobira.

I really appreciate all the hard work and effort that has gone into this fantastic website. :slight_smile:

Also I second @meekohaw 's request for a Modern Dark look.

4 Likes

@meekohaw Thank you for your feedback! We are working on creating a modern dark theme. We will let you know when it becomes available. Cheers!

@lopicake Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad that you are finding Bunpro beneficial to your Japanese studies. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. We hope to have a modern dark theme up soon. Stay tuned! Cheers!

Have been using Bunpro for almost 1 month (free trial period). Almost done with my level (~70%). I agree, it really helps focus on your problematic areas, and the example sentences are really a good way to learn! For now it’s ~7.5/10 for me, would really love to have some sort of conjugation trainer (a training session where you conjugate adjectives, verbs… according to the grammar you studied so far). That would be 8/10 for me.

Still, sometimes, I struggle with some grammar points because maybe the description is not enough, or the sentences are not very good. Maybe you should add a 1-5 rating to each grammar point, so that you see which grammar points are good and which are not.

Another thing Bunpro is lacking IMO is bit more of structure. I would like to see, for each level (n1, n2, …), all the grammar points for nouns, then all grammar points for verbs,…Also a tree structure would be nice (how things/grammar points are interconnected). Also, what about the possibility for users to add more sentences? Also, I could not find anywhere any information about the time between reviews (you should really update your FAQ).

Thanks!

Love the new theme.

1 Like

I love the new theme too.

1 Like

Looking forward to modern dark! I actually prefer dark-on-light themes, but I’m so used to using Bunpro in dark that I want it back… Seriously, the new theme looks very nice.

Sorry if someone’s pointed it out to you, but at least two of the ほうがいい lines are voiced as ~ほうがいい but the default grammar on the card is ほうがいいです. One that comes to mind is 帰ったほうがいい.

1 Like

@rssalessio Thank you for your feedback and for trying out Bunpro! We are currently tinkering with something called “fundamental reviews” that would focus on just the grammar point and all of its functions, including conjugations and what grammar rules it follows. These reviews would appear alongside your current reviews, further building upon what you have learned. However, this is still just a concept and it is one of many ideas that we hope will make your Japanese grammar studies more effective. Thank you for your suggestion on creating trees to interconnect grammar points. We are going through and adding related grammar to each grammar point and the addition of trees could help everyone better visual how everything is interconnected. You can add your own self-study questions on the fourth tab of each grammar point. These sentences will appear right alongside your normal Bunpro reviews. The SRS algorithm is 4hrs, 8hrs, 24hrs, 2 days, 4 days, 8 days, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months for finished. Cheers!

@madmalkav Thank you for the support! Also, nice to see you over on the Bunpro forums. Cheers!

@Oshin Thank you for your feedback! Please let us know if there is anything that you think we could do to improve the look and feel of the new theme for you. Cheers!

@somatophobia Thank you for your feedback! We are currently going through and reworking some audio and correcting inconsistencies. Comments like yours helps us pinpoint problem areas, so thank you! Cheers!

3 Likes

So I’m super excited to start my trial month while also beta testing the app! :slight_smile: I’ve been using the site for all of five minutes and I already have a suggestion (or question for maybe it exists?). Is there anyway to make it so I can chose that the English text in reviews is all in black (no blue word?). I can already see that I tend to only read the blue word and input accordingly, while it would be much more beneficial for me to have to read both sentences and figure out what it missing from the Japanese sentence to make it match the english… Just a suggestion, apart from that I’m so looking forward to using the site!

1 Like

Agreed, light blue/green was hard on my eyes for some reason. Classic is great for me.

1 Like

@Leilaure Thank you for your feedback and for testing out the site/app! We do not currently have a way to turn off the highlighted portion of the sentence as it is a crucial part of how the hint cycling system works. However, it is something that we can consider adding in the future. For the time being, you can change your settings to hide the English completely (both under Examples and in Reviews) so that you can try to break down the Japanese sentence before viewing how the grammar point translates into English/the entire English sentence. Thank you for your suggestion! Cheers!

@s1212z Thank you for your feedback! We are working on a darker theme that we hope to have available to you soon. Cheers!

1 Like