文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

So are you not going to explain here that you have to pay to use it?

Maybe you missed the part where we argued about that for a week straight?

14 Likes

@pushindawood The new review look is nice, but I have a few minor suggestions:

1. When you turn English translation off, the input jumps up. Please keep the empty space there so that the input doesn’t move.
  2. The FINALIZE text doesn’t change color when you hover like the other buttons on the page. It probably should to indicate that it is clickable.
  3. Clicking F to close the grammar info is a little delayed. I’m not sure if that’s because of the animation you have, but I don’t think the animation or delay is necessary.
  4. It might be worth trying to surround the input box with a thin white line (in dark skin mode). I’m not sure if it would look better, but something feels missing about the current look and maybe that would help.
2 Likes

I’m encountering a bug. The review counter doesn’t properly display how many reviews I have, and I end up going in the negatives if I have more than what the number displayed.

2 Likes

One more problem with the new review look, but on mobile. After getting an answer right, it’s really hard to see the triple arrow to know where to click to move on to the next question.

Bunpro saved me from giving up Japanese. I’m back on Wanikani now but for 2 months Bunpro was the only Japanese I did. I have joined as a lifetime member.
Ok one tiny niggle/request. Please make the Japanese writing as big as possible. I have a 43 inch screen but have to zoom the text. Obviously the furigana is the hardest, also the kanji. My eyesight isn’t great. I’m hoping to do Bunpro on a phone when I go away, not sure if that will be possible. I just managed one review. There was a lot of dead space between the question and the answer, so I had to scroll, and that was without zooming to read the furigana and kanji. The phone keyboard obviously takes up a fair bit of space, I’ll have to look for a more compact one. This is on a big phone.

Edit. The furigana are actually a decent size on my phone. But on my mac they are tiny. This is without zoom, on a 43 inch screen.

This is zoomed

4 Likes

Maybe this has been discussed already and maybe there are good reasons for it but I think it would be more intuitive to type directly into the gap rather than below and have it appear in two places at once. I find it a bit distracting and think it’s the reason for most of my typos.

I disagree. I think having a separate input is much more intuitive.

3 Likes

Welcome back! Good luck in your Japanese studies!

4 Likes

@pushindawood apparently http://learnjapanesedaily.com/ is down?

1 Like

Why is that, I wonder?

Perhaps a user setting could allow us to choose.

Clicking into a different location to type each time seems weird. Also, how would you handle long answers? Text can wrap from one line to the next, but inputs can’t.

1 Like

I get the text wrapping issue but the cursor should already be in the input location so there should be no need to click into any location.

Unless you click out of the input for any reason. It could be to change how the translation is displayed, click to show additional furigana, etc.

I’ve encountered it twice. I believe that recently a change was made that makes it possible for items to be added to your queue while you are doing them. The counter does not adjust for them.

In both cases where it happened, I got through all of my items–getting some right and some wrong. Then when I was working on the ones I got wrong, some items I had not seem popped into my queue.

Or maybe I’m just crazy about new items appearing in my queue while I’m doing a batch? But I definitely ended up with -7 items yesterday (in that case, I took a bathroom break in the middle of doing a review).

3 Likes

Happened again today in the same scenario (only this time I was pulled away on a 20 minute phone conversation). Ended up with negative numbers by the end.

2 Likes

@pushindawood For notes, can you do something to indicate when you have notes present? I use them so infrequently that I won’t remember when I have some if there’s no indicator.

4 Likes

Agreed. The notes are very hidden right now, so even if you write them they are buried two layers deep (review > grammar explanation > notes). Adding an indicator that they are present would help. Another way to improve the notes would be to present them alongside the explanation without needing to expand them into view.

2 Likes

It’s working again!

3 Likes