文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

To clarify, will lifetime members also get access to future content that isn’t yet available on the site? I can’t check the site from work, but the wording from what others have posted isn’t really clear on that point.

@Kwami,

4 Likes

I can’t recall if this has been suggested already, but if not: would love a notification feature of some kind for new reviews. I don’t always remember to check and I’d like to get them done when they become available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rion The new design looks very nice. There are two issues I have noticed:

• When I tap to copy on a sentence page, it works immediately the first time. However, after that it becomes incredibly slow. Sometimes it takes a very long time (literally 3-10 seconds). Other times, it does nothing until I touch anywhere on the screen again, and then the copy dialog shows up.
  • The review counts on the app still don’t match the website. First, please show how many reviews are available now separately from the “Next Hour” part. I’d like to know exactly how many reviews I can do if I start a review session.
    • Right now, the website says: now = 8, next hour = +0, next day = +1.
    • But the app says: next hour = 8, tomorrow = 5.
  • In settings, can you add at least the Review English setting?
  • Also, it would probably make sense to show people’s subscription status in the app at some point.
1 Like

So, i just found out about bunpro and registered to it. As a free user, what access do I have/when will it be necessary for me to purchase a subscription? Thanks!

You will need to pay starting June 10th if you want to use the SRS system and access all the example sentences.

Edit: Fixed date

Oh I see…thanks!

Actually, on May 10th you’ll be able to start a one month free trial. So you shouldn’t have to pay until June 10th.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.

The copy behavior seems strange and for some reason it works on my device just fine, but I look into it. The behavior you describe looks like the dialog isn’t called on the main thread but I highly doubt that.
What device do you use?

I’ll add the current available reviews with the next update. :slight_smile:
Abou the next hour and next day thing, I think it’s kind of vague here what the website is showing. I had to ask the Bunpro guys on that and the website is showing the reviews within 24 hours, so it can change pretty much every hour. Thats not exactly what “next day” means xD

I’d prefer it to be current reviews, next reviews (like how many of them the next time you have some) and next day, starting from 00:00 to 23:00 on the next day, so I know I have x number of reviews tomorrow. What do you think?

By review English setting you mean the one that turns of the English translation in reviews?

The whole subscription stuff is in development now and will be there with one of the upcoming releases :slight_smile:

1 Like

iPhone 8 using the latest version of iOS.

I would recommend showing exactly what’s on the website, regardless of how logical it is. I think a consistent experience is very important.

In general though, I prefer Now, Next Hour (or Next Review with what time that is), and Next 24 Hours. I think Next 24 Hours is much better than Tomorrow. I’m all for updating it if you can convince Bunpro to change it on their website as well.

Yes.

When it says the prices are currently 60% off, does that mean that if I get a monthly subscription now I’ll get to keep the $3/m pricing forever, or will it get bumped up to $5/m once the sale gets lifted?

1 Like

Are these items supposed to be the same thing or are they indeed different?

https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/227

https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/442

1 Like

@Rion When I use force touch on a grammar point, it flashes before opening.

The reading stuff are different… :man_shrugging:

Yes, but googling と言いても vs といっても gives me nothing. To me, they’re the same thing. The team just didn’t realize the duplicate. I asked because I didn’t want to assume stuff :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@grenzionky Thank you for your comment. The 40% off for monthly and yearly subscriptions will remain in effect until we feel confident that we have made enough improvements to the site. The $3 monthly and $30 yearly plans are not forever prices. However, we will let you know well in advance when prices will fluctuate and you will not be charged more during your subscription period. We hope this answers your question! Cheers!

@jprspereira Thank you for your comment. There are actually two grammar points that share duplicates on Bunpro (ばよかった and といっても). Unfortunately, we did not realize that there were duplicates until people had already added them to their reviews. If we were to simply remove one or the other, some people would lose reviews, notes and study questions that they had created. We are trying to find a way to merge them smoothly so that people will not lose their progress/content. Cheers!

1 Like

@pushindawood Hey there! Love how responsive you’ve been about all of this. However, I do have one concern that I’d appreciate if you could address.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I remember seeing that there is an iOS App for Bunpro in development. Seeing now that a subscription model is on the way, I can’t help but feel very conflicted. When I learned of this, I decided that I, like others, would like to pay for the Lifetime option.

However, it is my understanding that iOS Apps that offer a subscription service are required(?) by Apple to offer the ability to purchase said subscription via the App as an in-app purchase, with the ability to manage subscriptions from within iTunes via AppleID.

Seeing that as far as I can tell the App is not yet live, this is not currently an option. I would very much so like to support you all moving forward, but I would also VERY much so like the ability to pay for the Lifetime option via AppleID, as I have a large amount of money already invested into my iTunes balance.

I don’t know when the iOS App will be live, but with the Lifetime discount only being offered for a limited time, I would hope that you would be offering your users a way to take advantage of it via AppleID.

Please advise. I don’t believe this has been mentioned by anyone previously, as I haven’t read the entire thread, it is possible that I’m wrong.

1 Like

@pushindawood Have you considered this suggestion I gave a week ago?

@Rion Can you add a way to open the webview in the app even when there are no reviews available. Given that sessions still don’t stay active in the web browser on mobile, this would be very convenient so I don’t have to log in every time I want to check something.

They have slightly different grammar summaries though. If they’re supposed to be literally the same, surely the grammar explanations should be identical?

2 Likes

I’m keen for an option to pay using Paypal when this becomes available too.

1 Like